• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Floss v Dental Tape

W

Wonda

Would anyone here have any opinions on which is best; dental floss or dental tape?

I have tried both and the difference appears to be that dental tape is thicker than the floss.

Is one better at flossing then the other, or is there not much difference?

Thanks! :)

There's not much difference except dental tape may be easier to use for beginners and if you find it hard to get floss between your teeth. Some people are prone to "snapping" floss into their gums (not a good idea), and they often find dental tape easier to glide in correctly. Basically, use whatever you feel is easiest!

Last edited:
I prefer floss because it comes in lots of yummy flavours. But I hardly ever floss though....:redface:

Hey,

I floss with floss and tape!!

I prefer that floss that is soft and expands when you lossen grip on the ends, a tad too expensive for me, but well worth it when Im feeling flush!.. (its only about £1 more than my cheapy supermarket brand, but I get 2 boxes of floss for a cheaper price of one fancy box.. Im rammbling!)

I use the tape in the smaller gaps that the floss wont fit in

HTH

i use the pro glide floss, and it seems to work well. The only thing i hate about flossing, is i got artist fingers, ( i draw alot) and im so used to holding things like a pencil or a joystick or mouse, i find myself holding the floss the same way, and i gota remember the middle finger thumb trick.

Thanks guys for the info!

If someone is regularly flossing is there any additional benefit in using the Tepe interdental brushes?

What do these brushes do that floss doesn't? :confused:

Floss doesn't work so well if there are bigger spaces between the teeth, and in between molars because they are kidney-shaped, so you would do better with the wee brushes. Your dentist or hygienist should be able to advise you better about what's best in your mouth.

Back