• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

craze line in front top tooth?

V

vt4ever

so I am 22 years old and I have this front top tooth that has a vertical craze line in it from top to bottom. When it is under bright light to me it is very noticeable. I know when I am in the car and look in the rear view mirror with the sun beating down on my car I can clearly see what looks like a crack on my front tooth even though I know it is a craze line. This was confirmed by my dentist. Anyway I don't have money to get veneers and it really bothers me every time I look in the mirror under bright light. Does anyone else have this problem with one of their top front teeth. I feel like I am the only person who has this problem, it lowers my self esteem which is already low. It drives me insane! I think about it almost all day every day. Thanks for the help!

It's really, really common to have craze lines in front teeth. I know it sounds a bit glib, but from a dentist's point of view it's nothing at all to worry about.

I absolutely wouldn't destroy perfectly healthy tooth substance in order to place a veneer over it, which would probably require to be replaced at least 2 or 3 times over your lifetime for somebody as young as you.

I noticed the same thing today and called my dentisit for an emergency appt. he told me it was from the bond on my braces. (i got them off a month ago) he said it was nothing but i want a second opinion. he told me i should get veneers but I have nice teeth and dont think i need them. if you only can se them in bright light you shouldnt worry.

Back