• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

tooth extraction

I

imscared2

well I DID it !!! got a tooth pulled today and didnt run out of the office .. I thought the Dentist took forever to pull the tooth... I was about to ask him 'do you know what your doing'?

Should it take 10 minutes to pull a tooth?

I have many experiences with extractions over the course of my life (running oout of teeth) :(

I dont remember it ever taking this long!:redface::redface:

I think this extraction was not good... but its over with and I survived.. :mad:

It Took Ages for my Tooth to come out in bits Yesterday.

Dave.:)

Hi,
Yes, extractions might last long (even longer than 10 minutes). It is not just about applying much force and pulling a tooth out. Actually, the less strength the dentist uses, the less damage to the tissue and easier healing.

Thanks. I still have soreness where I had my Tooth out Yesterday.

OK. It should get better over the next few days, meaning that the place is healing.

Yes GP gave me Amxocillin.

I had a couple that took longer....but the healing was much better than when I'd had a really brutal extraction before.

Congratulations!! It's such a great feeling

Thanks.

Back