• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two denture questions (one involving soft lining and adhesive)

D

Dusty

Hi, I have two questions about my denture, which are one month old this Monday. My dentist is out of the country for three more weeks, and has no backup dentist.

My first question is about the soft lining. I have the cloudy-clear (almost white) soft-lining in my dentures. My upper denture isn't fitting well right now and it's hitting the back of my mouth causing a lot of nausea and gagging, to the point that it's almost impossible to speak with them in my mouth. Is there ANY kind of adhesive that's safe to use with a soft-lining?

Second question: I have a small piece of bone or tooth poking up through the lower gums on my right canine tooth, and also have a couple of sore spots. Is it safe to use a numbing product like Orajel or Kanka with the soft lining?

Is there something else, anything else I could or should be doing? Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

If the soft liner is attached to the denture fairly well, you could try a little bit of adhesive in strategic spots to see how that works for you. Just check to make sure the adhesive doesn't pull the soft liner away from the denture. Most soft liners are adhered onto the denture surface quite well so a little adhesive shouldn't create any problems I would imagine.

Orajel etc should be fine to use.

Back