• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Update

Hope you're feeling a bit better today :grouphug:

Thanks Lets :) My mouth is still sore, but I'm hanging in there. The tooth on the right (the one we are waiting to see if it settles down) is achy, and on the left side the crowned tooth & the one in front of it are sore. If I tap on those, the crown tooth doesn't hurt, but the one in front of it hurts. Maybe due to the trauma from the crown being next to it. I still have that bump a the base of the gum that is sore, but it hasn't gotten any bigger, which is good. I still have sensitivity, but not sure if it's the crowned tooth or the one in front of it.

All in all I'm hanging in there. Just hoping that thing stay the same or get better, as it's a holiday weekend, and my luck with my mouth hasn't been the greatest

Hope you're doing ok and enjoying the holiday weekend :hug2:!

Hi Lets...The weekend went way too fast. lol I have good news and bad news... The tooth that was crowned has settled down, but the eye tooth right next too it is extremely sensitive & painful to touch :cry: If anything cold touches that tooth, I about go through the roof :scared:. It has been extremely hot here, so I have been trying to drink alot of water, to stay hydrated, but when it hits that tooth (something I try to avoid) YIKES!!! I wonder if the tooth is the one causing my problems all along. I don't have any outward signs of an infection (ie: gumboil) but it is definately hurting. Luckily (or unluckily) that tooth only touches the top denture when I lay down.

Today I have been kind of sick to my stomach, as the cold water has hit the tooth many times. I am trying to avoid that, but it's not easy. I don't want to call, because there are no outward signs of a problem. Maybe it received some trauma from the crown :( Although it was a little tender before the crown, now it's extremely tender :cry:

All in all though, I am still hanging in there...My air conditioner broke at home, the air conditioner at work is broke, it is over 90 degrees, and I feel ill...but I'm hanging in there. lol ;)

hi freakout
big hugs from me :hug2: :hug2:. i was kinda wishing the weekend away to hurray wed up now im wishing it wasnt tomorrow :cry: mine really hurts but also the rct next to it hurts its so confusing :confused: i thought maybe thats the one hurting but the other one has definetly moved. wonder if its the nerve going in your tooth ? mine was the same although sensative to hot as well,have you tried using a straw i used one for about a month! still use a teaspoon to eat with now or i bash the bloody thing! hope your ok let me know mand x

Hey Mandy...the tooth actually hurts after anything hot too, but not immediately, usually 15-30 seconds afterwards. Kind of odd :( I won't call the dentist unless something else pops up. I will just baby the tooth for now, and try to avoid anything that is too hot or too cold from hitting that tooth. I actually asked Gordon what he thinks, we'll see if any of this make sense to him :(

Hey freakout, when it rains it pours :sick:! From your description, it does sound as if that neighbouring tooth may have been causing problems all along, so hopefully dealing with it will finally resolve the situation :).

Air conditioners??? Wish I needed one :( - the weather has been a real downer so far this year, it would be nice to have a warm day :rolleyes:! Send your parents across the Atlantic - err, actually, don't! - wouldn't want them to catch a massive cold :p

Hi Lets...I don't mind the warmer weather, however, normally it is about 75 degrees this time of the year. It was in the 50's a week ago, but on memorial day, it was 95 degrees!! I felt really bad for my mom, yesterday was her birthday (75th) and she spent the day in a very hot house :cry: Today they are coming out to take a look at the air conditioner. Hopefully they can fix it as I can't afford a new one right now, as I need the money for dental work and hopefully :thumbsup: a vacation real soon. Believe me I need that vacation :)

I'm hoping this is the tooth that is the culprit to all of my trouble, but as I have no outward signs of trouble, I will wait until next week for my scheduled appointment with the dentist to tell him about the tooth. That is unless the tooth becomes more painful or I get signs of an infection (ie higher temp, gumboil, etc.) I am really afraid I will go and the x-ray once again will show nothing :cry:

I hope the air conditioner can be fixed :thumbsup:!!

If the tooth is really sore, personally I'd try and have it looked at as soon as possible, you shouldn't really have to suffer for so long in this day and age.

You most definitely deserve a holiday - and a great one at that :)!

Thanks Lets...The tooth really hurts if cold/hot liquid hits it, for 15-20 minutes. It is actually "out of the bite", so it only hurts if I touch it, and when I lay down (as my jaws moves slightly allowing that tooth to touch the denture. I guess I'm a little like Harper, I have gone so many times, had x-rays, and everything was fine. I don't want to go in only to find out that nothing has showed up on the x-ray again :shame: If in fact something changes for the worse, I will definately call to be seen sooner.

Yes I do need a holiday...Keywest in fact....just have too figure out when I can get there, between work and family obligations, hard to fit in me time...but I WILL ;)

Sounds great ;D (the holiday, I mean, not the tooth ;)) - never been to Key West myself, but it looks like a fun place :)!

My boss has a home there, so he lets me stay there for free ;D Only thing is thats where the accident occured that caused me to lose my teeth :( It's still a fun place though. I just enjoy going some place that I can be by myself, do what I want, and just recharge my battery so to speak.

I just hope my teeth are all figured out by then :( I'm hoping the pain I have been having (5 teeth over) is being caused by the ultra sensitive tooth. That would kill two bird with one stone lol.

The pain seems to be lasting longer today, when the tooth get annoyed by cold/hot, but I still am hanging in there. I have promised myself that if the pain gets worse, or becomes constant I will call to be seen sooner :cry: I just don't want to go in with another problem. With my luck, the x-ray will look totally normal AGAIN!! :shame:

Hi...just an update of sorts. I'm about the same. My tooth is sensitive, especially to the cold, and if I clench my teeth. I am trying to avoid both. It is very depressing. Once one tooth is fixed, another acts up :cry: I hate going in only to tell the dentist I have another problem. Will I ever get to the point that he can finish the fillings and address the partial for the bottom :shame: I am trying to stay upbeat, but it is hard. I wish this tooth will either get worse, or better, this in between stuff is cr*p ( bad enough to annoy me, but not bad enough to make an appointment)

Well hopefully I will have some answers on Wednesday when I see the dentist for my fillings. :(

Hopefully you'll be able to get to the bottom of what is causing the pain on Wednesday :). Just make sure you describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible - it's far easier that way to figure out what's going on.
Can the clenching issue be tackled in any way? It might be a huge contributor to the problems you're experiencing.

Hi Lets...I will try to tell him exactly what has been happening. I really hate to bring up another tooth problem :shame:. It has been really weird. The sensitivity pain has been coming and going. One time it is really sensitive, and a little later it isn't sensitive, than a little later, it is extremely sensitive :( Go figure, I must just have a strange mouth. Kind of depressing, as I wonder will it be sensitive on Wed or not :cry: My luck that will be the not time. Now the left side of my mouth has also been aching on and off.

We can't address the clenching issue until I get my partial, which we will do after the remainder of the bottom teeth are filled. I just keep having more problems that need to be addressed. I am actually scared about the partial, as the right side (where I have no bottom teeth) has been aching on and off too. :cry:

hi freakout hope your ok?
fingers crossed something shows up i just cant work out which of mine hurts one minute i think its the crooked one then it feels like the rct next to it :( s said to me youve got strange jaws :) its funny how i blocked out the pain before and now i just want it sorted. take care m x

Hi Mandy...I know what you mean. I lived on ibuprophen when I was avoiding the dentist. Now I want things to get better. As for me the tooth next to the crown is painful/sensitive, and the other side the rct tooth and the one next to it aches. I haven't felt any improvement on that side since the cleaning, which we were hoping for. Never ending problems :cry: Maybe that side hurts due to the sensitive tooth. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I really dread going Wed. & telling him about the problems :shame: I know I have to though. My boss wanted me to reschedule, but I know I can't put it off any longer. I need to find out what it is, hopefully not an infection

Sorry for the late reply - Happy Birthday :party: :cheers:!! (hope it's not too late!)

And best of luck for tomorrow :grouphug:!

Thanks Lets :) I am in full panic mode now...my appointment is in 3 1/2 hours :scared: I am really sick to my stomach right now :shame: I am really afraid he will find nothing when he checks the tooth out, and the the tooth next to the rct is acting up more and more. Great pain on the left, sensitivity on the right, what's next? And he'll probably find nothing wrong :confused: I am just sick at the thought of telling him about the problems. Plus my appointment is right in the middle of the time in which they see emergencies, so he'll probably be quite busy :cry: I am also having flashbacks of my last appointment and the agony I felt :scared: Will this never end :scared:

This mouth thing is just so depressing. All this plus the fact that I will feel really guilty about being away from the office, due to the fact that we have several shipments due in today, which must be packed up and shipped out. I know I shouldn't feel guilty though, my boss didn't even come in yesterday (paybacks are a b**ch)

Sorry this is so long, just had to vent about my nerves, and get my worries out into the open, so to speak.

hi freakout
i hope im not too late just wanted to wish you luck YOU CAN DO IT :XXLhug: ill check back later xx

Back