• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My daughter fell flat on her face, teeth bleeding.

D

Dentist hater

Hello, my 3 year old fell flat on her face in the livingroom, which had a carpet and big rug, she cried and then when she got back up her mouth was bleeding, i checked her lip and there was nothing wrong with that and there was no blood coming from her lip but there was blood on her gums and above her two front teeth, i panicked as i am very frightened she really damaged her teeth, there were no chips or anything like that, the teeth still look the same. So i rushed to the dentist and she had a look and said it looks a bit mobile but should harden back up within the next weeks and said her only concern was if she damaged her adult tooth underneath.

What are the chances of this?

Will the tooth die and will she soon develop an infection and an absess?

Does the tooth have to hit a really hard surface for it to die?

What will happen to her two front teeth now?

I know there are a lot of questions, but i am so worried about this.

Hi,

Have you had any help with this?

My daughter 1yr, 2 mos - did the same thing today. Both front teeth look to have been pushed back to some degree, there is a larger gap in the gums at the front of each tooth than the rear. Blood existed only at the gum line above both teeth. I hope she hasn't completely severed the ligaments.

It is now six hours later and she has been in bed for two hours - without crying. This is what concers me - you'd think that if the ligaments were just stretched, there would be pain, and completely split then no pain. The bleeding did not continue, and she was able to drink from a sippy cup minutes after the fall. I also gave her a gelatin ice pack within a couple of minutes, but over the next three hours she seemed OK. When drinking the sippy cup I could hear and see that she was biting on to the spout as usual, but I am not her - so I don't know if the upper teeth are loose or not.

What a horrible feeling. I hope your daughter is OK too, and would like to hear that she is, if she is. :)

Jayson

Hello jaysicle (hope i spelt it right) I have been worried about the teeth too, been looking at them constantly. Hope your daughter is ok, its an awful thing to happen isnt it. My daughter has not said she is in pain with them but i scared that she might be and not telling me? Have you taken her to the dentist? If so what did they say? Just keep an eye on them for the next couple of weeks. If she is biting ok and seems well in her self she should be ok. Hope things get better for you.

Kids fall and hit their front teeth quite commonly. At the age of 3, it is unlikely that the adult teeth will be affected. However, the baby teeth may turn dark. As long as the teeth do not become infected, this is ok. Signs of an infection is if there is a pimple that develops above the tooth.

Because its a baby tooth it'll probabley be fine.
It could potentially make an absess but its probabley more likely on an adult tooth.. if theres no chips or anything then i would say itll probabley be fine :)

Back