• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

freaking out because an appointment need adivce please

S

sarahy83

Hello everyone.

My name is Sarah and i am affraid out of my mind from dentists, ever since i was a kid. Now i am 26 and if i hear dentist it just scares the H* out of me. I hardly ever go even if i am in soooo much pain that i can't hardly bare it. The last time i had to go i was crying in the waiting room like a lil baby probally scaring the other patients. My husband is in the Military and we do have to go if we want or not, so i acually had to go and found a dentist that helped me a lil but now that i feel just a lil safe with her, she had to deploy :( i had to see a new one which put me back to my 1st step crying and being a big baby she told me i have to have 2 molar teeth pulled that are next to each other, that freaked me out ever more. can anyone tell me how long it will take for them to remove the 2 teeth and will it hurt ??? because 1of them had a root canal and after the root canal i started getting gum disease around it and the other has a huge hole, i know it needs to be done, but i don't know if i can sit still or just stay at the waiting room and wait till she calls for me. can anyone give me advice ? my appointment is tomorrow and i am freaking out !!!! :o

Thanks so much

Sarah

Please try not to worry. I am 25 and I too am getting 2 teeth out tomorrow at 9am, so at least you know that someone else is experiencing what you are going through.
We can come on here in the evening and tell our success stories.

With regards to the time taken for this I think it really depends, but from what everyone has told me it doesn't take too long at all. With dentists nowadays no pain is caused as dentistry is so advanced. Just close your eyes and think of a REALLY happy place (holiday or something you are planning) and before you (we) know it, we'll be home eating ice cream!!

We'll be fine - you'll see! :cheers:

Hi,

You are definitely not alone. I am 27 years old and I've been holding off from the dentist for like...a LONG time and I've had so much lost in the past few years. I mean, I have to get two more extracted in the upcoming weeks...and replace six teeth in the back with partials for now...and implants later. I kick myself for not taking care of my teeth...but I just had my first appointment yesterday. I cried twice...hahaha...but it went fine! Keep strong, you will be fine! We can recover together...heehee...but the other person was right. Dentistry has improved vastly in the past few years, so I think you will be better in no time!

I agree! I think we are all kicking ourselves for not going sooner, but then we should be proud of ourselves for making this choice now, as its not any easy thing to do!

We'll help each other through this!

thank you for helping me thrue this it does make me feel better to know that there are a lot of people understand what i am going thrue because we all have the same problem.

Thanks you all

Of course! Please be sure to let us know how things progress! :)

went to dental and she will take 2 of my molars out on the 14th, to make sure that i don't freak out and be calm she gave me some valum never taken that before hope it works, now i just gotta wait and see.

my first dentist appt is the 14th too, i havent been in YEARS and i'm 24, so i know how you feel. at least you got the courage to go now, i'm proud and i know we all are of you! its not easy i know, trust me, but its all for the best, i think the hard part is going and finding out whats wrong is the hard part.. the unknown.. it can only get better from here!

Re: freaking out because an appointment need advice please

well i had both my molar teeth removed on thursday and i needed stiches, the whole taking out part was acually easy but i have to say and dont wanna scare anyone after the shot wore off i was acullay more then just sore i was in pain, now 3 days later it is better still sometimes i have some pain but more of an itchy feeling on my gums then pain, but i am sooooo glad i got it done. to everyone else yes i know it is scary and we freak ourselfs out more then we need to but like i always tell my self the dentist is a GOOD friend lol. so please if u have pain or haven't been in a while just take the BIG step and GO. i have to go back next thursday to get the stiches out and i will let u know how it went.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me :)

Back