• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OMG! 8 hour dental appointment tomorrow

A

Ajfoote

I just dont knpw how I am going to cope. In a nutshell, had a horrible dentist in FL who screwed up my mouth, over prepped all the teeth under my fixed bridge which causes me contant pain.
New dentist must rebuild the original teeth and add posts to some. I will be there for 8 hours tomorrow, have my temps, and not have to see him again for like 6 months. Tomorrow will be the toughest part.
I have had horrible experiences with dds, and am having major panic attacks.
He has offered me xanax to get me through.

good luck tomorrow, just get it done and get it over with! same advice for myself, see you on the other side!:)

Ok, so I took a xanax, and amazingly the fear is gone lol. I think im going to be ok. He prescribed about 12. Tomorrow I can take up to 2 before my appointment. HIGHLY recommended.

Heck that is one very long appointment you have there. I really wish you lots of good luck with it, I'm sure you will be fine once you get there :grouphug:

Good luck tomarrow we all wish yu the best of luck :grouphug:you will be fine

Best of luck! You will do great!