• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First appointment in three years

K

kas

Hi,

I have just plucked up the courage to make an appointment to see a dentist after three years.

I feel stupid as I had a lot of work done about five years ago and my teeth were fine, then I moved so didnt have that same dentist I had built to trust and just ended up not going again.

I got a partial denture three years ago but some of my teeth around it are getting bad

Feel so embarrassed to go.

Anyone else been in this predicament. I just dont understand how I left my teeth to get bad again when I had so much work done five years ago.

K

Hello Kas and welcome, I went for about 7 years without going to a dentist and much to my amazement and relief I didn't need any treatment. The dentist should not judge you or pass bad comments about your not going to a dentist. Hope all goes well, keep in touch.

Back