• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm starting to freak out

B

babygirllv28

I have to go get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in two weeks and I'm scared to death...I just found out that my insurance won't cover me to be asleep threw the procedture so I'm terrified.I have never had a tooth pulled and its scaring me so bad with all that I hear I'm about to cancel my appointment...WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THREW THIS WHOLE SITUATION????cAN SOMEONE HELP ASAP......:hidesbehindsofa:

Hi:

I can understand your concerns since having this done is an unknown. I have had wisdom teeth removed and it was easy and painless.

Using just a local worked great. The dentist does not pull teeth, they are gently elevated out.

It only takes a few minutes for each one. You might be a bit sore the next day but ibuprofen and some ice will take care of the discomfort, if there is any.

Do you have any specific questions?

Blessings :)

I want to know if theres alot of pressure being felt when this happens cause I have never had any teeth pulled and I keep hearing that remark...

I want to know if theres alot of pressure being felt when this happens cause I have never had any teeth pulled and I keep hearing that remark...

From what I hear, it can be done rather quickly, good luck to you!

Hello:

There is a feeling of bit of pressure, but not much. Sometimes you do not even feel the pressure. The whole procedure goes very quickly and is painless.

You will be fine.

Blessings :)