• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my dentist appt. is in 2 hours.. i need some encourgement..please...

P

pintsize85

so i'm sorta new on this site, i've posted a few threads and whatnot, read a bunch of peoples stories and commented... but todays my day that i'm going to the dentist... i'm sitting here trying not to cry... i'm 24, and i havent gone in 7 years... and i still have baby teeth, 3. i'm hoping today the dentist will pull them, i'm so afraid how i'm gonna look, and on top of that, i think my wisdom teeth are coming in, and i think i might have gum disease... so i'm sooooo scared of what he is going to tell me... i feel so sick to my stomach....:shame::shame:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier! Hopefully by now you'll be sat in the dentist chair wondering what on earth you were so worried about. I'm sure you'll do great. You've made a big step in getting an appointment, be proud of yourself that you're making the step towards good dental health!

Everything will go great, let us know how you got on!

Hope it all went ok for you:hug2:

thanks!! it went well actually! i need my wisdom teeth take out and braces, and a real good cleaning! the hardest part was making that first step and actually going! i'm so happy i did, he was an awesome dentist and i felt very comfortable with him! i'm going back thursday for a cleaning and i'm not nervous at all =) thanks for the encouragement! it really helped me get though this! one step at a time!

That's great news that it went well. What do you need the braces for? I'm currently considering getting them myself. I wish I had done it years ago... I think braces are a great invention, your teeth are going to look so great when you get them off :)

That's great news that it went well. What do you need the braces for? I'm currently considering getting them myself. I wish I had done it years ago... I think braces are a great invention, your teeth are going to look so great when you get them off :)

thanks jessica! well i still have baby teeth and the adult teeth are not fallin into place, too high up, so once i get the adult teeth pulled they're not gonna fall too much so they will need some help lol i'm excited and nervous, but it will be worth it, i'll be able to smile without hiding it! so you're thinking about getting them?

My sister had something similar...they had to pull the adult teeth down with the braces. It runs in my family and I think some of my uncles also had it. I've read a few similar stories here and on other sites, it seems fairly common.

I have a gap between my front teeth that I hate, but wasn't really able to do something about when I was avoiding the dentist for over ten years. I actually think some of my dental fear is due to the gap and not wanting to show my teeth to anyone. Over the last few weeks I have started to seriously consider the idea of getting braces to fix it now that I have been able to face the dentist again, but I haven't discussed it with anyone yet. I've talked about it more in my journal if you want to read about my thoughts :)

Back