• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New teeth.

Thanks Cielo....I've woken up with an absolute stinker of a cold,so probably that's what helped to contribute to my downer yesterday.
I'm feeling a bit more upbeat about it all again today...yep I've got a couple of little sore spots,but really they are absolutely nothing compared to some of the pains I used to have.And I know they won't be permanent.
I'll wait til I've seen the dentist tomorrow,so he can see where they've been rubbing,but I think maybe I'm ready for a lil dab of glue to keep them still.I've been thinking that can wait til they are a hassle to keep in,but I guess it will also help to prevent any movement also.
Thanks for the encouragement and sorry for the moaning!xx

If you can't moan on here, soupdragon, where CAN you moan? This is THE place to come for a good old moan about one's gnashers. ;D

I'm due to see the dentist myself tomorrow, for a 'try out' of my new, more permanent, denture. I went last week but the lab had made them with teeth so BIG they were comical!?!?! :o:o:o They'd have suited Red Rum or Shergar though. Thankfully we could laugh about it, my dentist and me. ;D

So, fingers crossed, tomorrow I'll have a more human-size denture to try out before having them for good next Friday.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I'm sure your dentist will be able to adjust them to stop any rubbing. I hated having sore spots! Totally spoiled eating for me. :o

Thanks!:)I'm having one of Cielo's 'frustrating days'...hope you don't mind me quoting you Cielo,but each time I swallow and feel discomfort I've been thinking of your words.It IS purely a frustration.I'm not in any particular pain,just a bit of discomfort.I'm not sure whether it's down to gum shrinkage and that I need to find the ideal position and stick them in,or whether it's down to having a cold and my mouth just feeling wierd because of it...it's so hideous to not be able to remember but I'm sure I always have problems swallowing when I have a cold and I'm probably blaming the dentures for more than I should be?
I've been having a play with them tonight as there seem to be three positions they're finding themselves in.One is definately not right and I can't work out which of the other two feels right...either they rub on my sensitive lip/gum join and accumalate excess gunk via the sides or they sit back a bit and then the top bit really digs into the roof of my mouth.Hubbie thinks I'm mad when I make a milliscule of movement and ask him which he thinks looks right...hopefully the trained dentist tomorrow will have a little more of an idea!:rolleyes:
Thanks everybody for your support and SXB,I hope your fitting tomorrow goes well.

It's okay, Soup. You can moan, whine, gripe, vent, ramble... whatever makes you feel better. :hug2:

It's tiring to be in pain or even just uncomfortable for any length of time. I found myself becoming anemic and run down in the beginning. That did NOT contribute to a Pollyanna attitude, I'll tell ya. :p

I drove my family nuts griping about my mouth in those first weeks. There were times I just wanted to give up and become a toothless hermit. It hardly seemed worth all the problems. BUT, they were small problems, and like you, I knew that. I was just so tired of it and frustrated. There was nothing I could do to make things move along faster and that irritated me even more.

So keep trudging along. Ask your dentist about adhesive, but be prepared, it's not all that much fun to use for many of us. I avoid it as much as possible. With a good soft liner, I don't need the adhesive. I'm still learning to hold my lower denture with cheeks and tongue, and the upper holds pretty well on suction alone. Occasionally I'll forget to chew food on both sides to keep it from rocking and ouch! I get a harsh reminder. :rolleyes:

So go ahead and gripe. I can't speak for everyone, but I've done my fair share of griping and I don't mind listening to others. :)

Back