• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wisdom teeth.. help!

A

asphyxiating

x.x I'm 14 & have been experiencing headaches on the left side of my head as well as head tension on the left side as well. I talked to my mom about it and she said it's probably my wisdom teeth. I felt around in my mouth and discovered one is poking out already, It doesnt hurt too much its really just uncomfortable sometime.

Having 2-3 wisdom teeth run in my family and I absolutely dont feel anything on the right side of my mouth, just an uncomfortable sensation on my bottom left side & my top left. Lately, i've been really sick with liver problems & inflammation of the spleen, due to the liver problems I can't take any medication thats processed through the liver. Aka, pain meds.

When I was about 10 I had to get a baby tooth removed and I ended up crying and screaming, kicking the dentist in the face multiple times. Lets just say I didnt get it taken out, It fell out when I was eating a gummy bear [lol..]. I absolutely despise my dentist and we can't really afford getting another one. He refuses to give laughing gas & i'm not sure about an IV.

I've never had either, I've just had blood taken. I'm really upset & scared because my appointment is sometime next week to get them checked out, not the actual surgery. I guess im just kind of looking for any tips to staying calm without medication & if it's possible to still have novicane shots if I have severe liver problems.

Also, whats it like when you get laughing gas?
Is it better to close your eyes or keep them open? Listen to music or no?
Any tips to dulling the pain afterwards without using vicadin/other pain medication?

thanks so much.

You may be putting the cart before the horse here. I wouldn't start worrying about medications or anesthesia until you know you're going to need them. There's no point in worrying unecessarily, right?

At 14, you could have molars coming in. Count your teeth... if you have less than 14 on top or bottom, it's likely molars. If you've already got 28 teeth, it could be your wisdoms moving around. Mine would start cutting through and then recede, only to repeat the process many times over several years. They didn't start to show themselves until I was over 18, though.

Go to your appointment next week and let your dentist sort things out for you. And try not to worry in the meantime? :hug2:

Its easy to say but try not to worry until you know you need the surgery. My wisdom teeth started coming through at 16 and i was 21 before anything needed doing to them

Not sure about your liver thing - maybe talk to your pharmacist or doctor

Back