• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Possible abscess?

L

lijija

This is my 1st time here and after reading on the web, I'm paranoid of what may or may not be going on here.

Background...I'm 32 now and fell on my 2 front teeth (top) when I was about 13. I knocked one loose and chipped the other. I eventually had to have a root canal on both teeth and a permanent crown put on them both due to the teeth dying.

I've had no problems at all for the past 7 yrs or so when these crowns were put on. Well the other day I bumped one of those teeth and gradually over the last 3 days since it happened, my tooth feels a little sensitive. Since I've had a root canal, I don't really feel pain, but it feels like pressure or something on the tooth and going up to the top of my gums...just above that one tooth. I looked at my gums tonight and they look fine except for at the very top of my gums right under my lip line, above said tooth, it looks red and a little swollen. Like I said, I don't really feel "pain" on it, but its uncomfortable and I feel pressure...hard to explain it just feels different.

Anyone know what this is? Being that I already have a root canal on this tooth and a crown? I'm also 21 weeks pregnant if that matters. I'm terrified of the dentist and hate to go, but obviously will if need be. What will need to happen to fix this?

Thx in advance for any help at all.

Hello :)
your situation is like exactly the same as mine!
im only 17 but a few years ago i got hit in the mouth by a tennis racket (family - dont ask!!) and chipped half my front tooth off. anyway until last year it was fine.. then i went on holiday and whilst on holiday it started feeling like yours did! turned out to be a very bad abcess from the injury all those years ago.. and only now am i suffering with it!
it doesnt have to be an infection but its best to be save and get it checked before it gets too bad (if it is an infection!)

and to fix it the dentist will probabley try root canal again? im not sure. good luck! :)

Back