• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Seabond!!!

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

The bottom dentures are notorious for being difficult, the roof of the mouth forms a suction that you can't get at the bottom. I hope the seabond works for you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover:

Let us know how you get on :butterfly:

I tried the SeaBond Wafer but I guess it is not for me....Not sure if I am doing it wrong but it had no hold and felt like tissue paper in my lower denture...I didn't put too much water on the wafer but it was hard to fit in the lower...My lower is so small and I had to trim off so much...I will keep trying but as of this post I don't have too much hope...Oh well I tried it and will go on to something else...That has been my experience just keep trying things until you find what works for you...What works for others might not work for you....:)

Hi, I just found this thread. I am so frustrated with my dentures. My extractions were May 6, temporaries were in 2 days then rubbed so bad I couldn't wear them. I just now got a new set 2 weeks ago and still haven't been able to keep the lowers in for a whole meal. I tried Sea-Bond yesterday and it didn't hold at all. My lowers are very narrow (strip cut in half). I moistened it, pushed it in and bit down. I read somewhere to add some Secure adhesive too so tonight I am trying that as well.

I hated Fixodent taste and gunk! I have RA and my fingers don't bend and hurt so it is very tough to get my hands in my mouth to clean the nasties out. Would love for this to work. I am seeing the dentist again next week...I don't think they fit right...the front part of the lowers feel like they rock.

God yes, when I was using Poligrip Ultra, it used to take a good ten minutes to scrape it off the roof of my mouth. None seemed to stick to the denture itself though.

Having said that, today I had to remove my denture and, of course, the Seabond 'wafer' to do a minor DIY adjustment to my denture soft lining. Anyway, I wasn't going to use another wafer just for a few hours so I dabbed some Fixodent on. SO! I've got some scraping to look forward to later on tonight! ARGH! :o;D:o;D

Such fun, eh! ;D

Seabond is the only thing thats worked for me-I use it on the bottom denture,couldnt stand using Fixodent etc-hate the gloop and the having to scrub my gum to get the stuff off:grin:Apart from that,it worked ok as long as I didnt eat or drink-but as I dont want to starve or die of thirst I had to try another brand-next was Poligrip-same thing happened,then I saw the Seabond wafers.Id tried them before I had a reline done and gave up ,but after the reline I tried again and this time its made a great difference,so its what I'll be sticking to (no pun intended lol ) from now on.Still learning to eat with them in although its been almost 6 months,but I'm persevering,cant go anywhere without them in,Id scare the wildlife :giggle:

Hi, all, new here, Can anyone tell be how EASY it is to remove DENTURES AFTER useing SEABOND. Have tried the gooy stuff ! and did PANIC a bit when they were well glued. HELP PLEASE, thanks. :confused:

Its really easy-thats one reason I like them in preference to the tubes of adhesive-theres no residue left behind either-they simply peel off-easy peasy,best fixative Ive used so far .Good Luck:grin:

Hi, I just found this thread. I am so frustrated with my dentures. My extractions were May 6, temporaries were in 2 days then rubbed so bad I couldn't wear them. I just now got a new set 2 weeks ago and still haven't been able to keep the lowers in for a whole meal. I tried Sea-Bond yesterday and it didn't hold at all. My lowers are very narrow (strip cut in half). I moistened it, pushed it in and bit down. I read somewhere to add some Secure adhesive too so tonight I am trying that as well.

I hated Fixodent taste and gunk! I have RA and my fingers don't bend and hurt so it is very tough to get my hands in my mouth to clean the nasties out. Would love for this to work. I am seeing the dentist again next week...I don't think they fit right...the front part of the lowers feel like they rock.

Ive had a top denture for years and never had any problem with it,but last day of April I had extractions done and was fitted with a lower denture,none of the tubes of adhesive worked and like yours mine were rubbing really badly,so had a reline,then some more trimmed off where it was giving me pain.I hate Fixodent-I hate the goo ,its vile and doesnt work for me anyway.Seabond is the only thing that helps.Suppose we just have to persevere and things will settle down-hope so,for the most part Im managing to eat better now with the strips,but sometimes I have to remove them before finishing a meal,not something Id want to have to in a restaurant lol But keep at it with Seabond,sometimes it just needs a bit of practice to get it right-Good Luck :grin:

I use sea bond, too! I don't not like the other ones because they get stuck and the gunk. Just gross. I would recommend sea bond. It is time consuming to cut it, but once you get used to it you're able to put it on fast. Who ever invented it, I'm glad for it. Thanks

As the originator of this thread, and after a nearly six year gap, an update:

Still using Sea Bond. These days I use two a day which is more to do with my unusual working hours than anything else.

I still completely recommend it. :)

Thanks for posting this up and also massive thanks for the link as I've added a water spray bottle to my shopping list.
My two week old upper partials just went all wrong since last Thursday and I am totally whistling through them!
I can pronounce pseudo masochist (no idea why I chose this word as an example! Lol!) but I absolutely cannot say Coronation Street!!
Someone from here kindly recommended this stuff to me yesterday so I'm off to get some later when the shops open.
I so so so hope it works!! If not I'll be working from home tomorrow - it's the only way I can avoid the presentation I am supposed to be doing! So many of the words I need to use are ch and sch words! Eek!

My dentist said a re-line wouldn't be for 2 years! He just can't be right about that!
I've mailed him to check as it seems an awfully long way off after extractions and dentures being fitted on the same day!

PS - this thread was also hilarious to read! Loved it! ;D Thank you!!

Right now - Seabond is not for me - but I will not throw it away because it sticks reliably so!

I can get two cuts of my own plate ignoring the v shape in them (and making my own much smaller v shapes) out of an uppers sheet but the part of my plate which is the palate - it was too tight and skewed my bite plus I got a bad headache, couldn't chew - all was painful.

The other thing was that it stuck to the roof of my mouth instead of the plate! Lol!

For now I am using Wernets Ultra powder - with success and it's not gloopy nor hard to remove!! ;D

I will definitely try the Seabond, SXB. Thank you for giving such a good description. I'll likely have to cut the wafers into strips as my dentures are extra small. I wouldn't want to waste a lot by trimming it off. I'm a cheapskate! LOL

Right now I'm doing okay without adhesive. There are times I wish I'd used some before eating, but I'm too lazy to go put some in mid-meal. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll be needing a little help between now and when I get my permanent dentures, and I'll be sure to try the Seabond when I do! I can use the paste I've already bought for patching sneakers. :giggle:

Does it work when cut into strips please