Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seabond!!!

Default Re: Seabond!!!

Hi, all, new here, Can anyone tell be how EASY it is to remove DENTURES AFTER useing SEABOND. Have tried the gooy stuff ! and did PANIC a bit when they were well glued. HELP PLEASE, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by new to dentures View Post
      Hi, all, new here, Can anyone tell be how EASY it is to remove DENTURES AFTER useing SEABOND. Have tried the gooy stuff ! and did PANIC a bit when they were well glued. HELP PLEASE, thanks.
      It's as easy to take them out as it is when you've just got the denture in without fixative. They just... come out. And then you just peel away the 'wafer' of Seabond. It's amazingly easy stuff to use.

that so not fair, stamping foot lol. Now why can't everywhere be the same price, maybe I will have to move

Quote Originally Posted by new to dentures View Post

Hi New

Its so easy to remove dentures with seabond, like you I panicked with the fixodent and really dont like the goo it leaves behind. Like SXB says it like taking them out with no fixative on them. I bought a tube of fixodent when I got the Seabond, needless to say I wont be opening it, although might come in handy to glue something together

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredJulie View Post
      that so not fair, stamping foot lol. Now why can't everywhere be the same price, maybe I will have to move
      It'd be worth it! Think of all the money you'd save over the year! About £7.20! Definitely worth it!

Hi New

Its so easy to remove dentures with seabond, like you I panicked with the fixodent and really dont like the goo it leaves behind. Like SXB says it like taking them out with no fixative on them. I bought a tube of fixodent when I got the Seabond, needless to say I wont be opening it, although might come in handy to glue something together
      I've got a little bit of Poligrip Ultra left and nearly a whole tube of Fixodent. I keep them for those rare occasions when I have to take the Seabond off and it's too late in the day to make it worth my using another wafer.

I only have four wafers left after today and I can't get hold of any until next Saturday!!! Mainly cos I'm a little skint!

What will I use next Friday? I will use... the "trimmed-off bits" from the wafers I'll be using in the next few days.

Friday's gonna be interesting. Will bits of Seabond be falling out of mouth in work?! Will I swallow a piece? Will my denture fly out of my mouth?!

Stay tuned and all will be revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by SXB1962 View Post
      I only have four wafers left after today and I can't get hold of any until next Saturday!!! Mainly cos I'm a little skint!

What will I use next Friday? I will use... the "trimmed-off bits" from the wafers I'll be using in the next few days.

Friday's gonna be interesting. Will bits of Seabond be falling out of mouth in work?! Will I swallow a piece? Will my denture fly out of my mouth?!

Stay tuned and all will be revealed!
      UPDATE!!! It's NOT, repeat NOTa good idea!!!

Some
      of the strips stayed in place, but it was uncomfortable all day long. Bits kept slipping out of the back of the denture and tickling my soft palate! Not painful, just strange. Use the wafer as it says on the box! The only way to do it.

couldn't stop laughing at those posts. Visions of you sitting there sticking little bits on. As for it slipping out of the back and tickling.. I have had that happen when I haven't trimmed it properly and make myself gag
      I have a fear of running out of it so got my next box when I was only halfway through the first

couldn't stop laughing at those posts. Visions of you sitting there sticking little bits on. As for it slipping out of the back and tickling.. I have had that happen when I haven't trimmed it properly and make myself gag
      I have a fear of running out of it so got my next box when I was only halfway through the first
      Yep! I told my wife what I was planning to do with the little bits and she was greatly amused as well! I'm always teasing her about her habit of never throwing things out... So she was getting her revenge I guess!

The bits that came out were the parts that touch the hard palate (roof of mouth). Those that I had next to my actual gums stayed in place... which got me thinking that, in a pinch, maybe Seabond meant for lowers could work with uppers? It's a possibility.

But! The sensible thing to do is make sure you have plenty in stock, as you are doing, Julie. I am going to really stock up on pay day!