• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I can't stand this pain much longer

C

CandyJane2

I#m crying while I'm writing this nothing helps it.

awww Candy big big (((((((((Hugs)))))))) I feel so bad for you. Can you not get some stronger painkillers maybe, or maybe use oraljel to numb it, don't know what else to suggest. Oraljel was only thing that helped me when I had the pain from infection
:XXLhug::hug2::XXLhug:

Julie x

Thanks Julie.

I'm going through cocodamol 30/500 (prescription), tramadol, ibuprofen, aspirin, ordinary paracetamol (not all at the same time i hasten to add) tried doubling the dose although not recommended, did salt rinsing, did the numbing mouthwash prescribed by the dentist, did put some bonjela adult strength on it, nothing takes the sharpness away, it just takes away the pain round the edges if that makes any sense.The actual heart of the pain is just as nasty as ever any time i swallow or move my mouth in any way.

Tomorrow i will try to get some oralgel as you suggest.

Hug to anyone going through this with me tonight, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Im hungry and thirsty and exhausted as well as swallowing is virtually impossible and so is sleeping.

boyfriend suggested i double the dose of amytriptylene tonight so i can sleep since it makes me drowsy anyway but i really dont know that is a good idea.

anyway i still have to get through tomorrow and however many days till i get to see the surgeon (unless this fragment drops out by its own accord, but it feels firmly wedged, i have been attacking it with tweezers out of desperation, but that only made the gums hurt more and didnt budge it ata all)

the hospital turned me away would not even prescribe any stronger pain medication.

Can you manage to drink with a straw maybe or perhaps suck on ice cube? As you know I have these bone fragments, 7 to be precise but I'm lucky in as much they as on the outside of gum so don't affect my tongue. And as long as I position my seabond right and use oraljel it protects the ones at the top. I know its so tempting to try and get them out, but I don't think its a good idea. I suppose there is a good reason why neither of our dentists removed them for us and are leaving them to work their way out naturally.
I don't know what amytriptylene are but maybe that would be a good idea. I know I have taken twice the dose of some meds to help me through this
Just a thought, can you not get emergency appointment with dentist/oral surgeon monday
Julie x

after a lot more pain i managed to get an emergency appointmnet with the surgeon who did the extractions at the hospital today in two hours time, they fitted me in quickly.

I was unable to suck through a straw or suck an ice cube, it hurt too much.

I did buy some oraljel could only get it this morning and have not put any on yet because there is still bongela on it,

will let you know how it goes at the hospital, hope he can do something.

:jump::jump::jump::jump::cheers::cheers::cheers:

hooray! I have come back and its all better.

The surgeon looked at it then said he could deal with it then and there if i could bear a few seconds pain.I just WANTED THIS THING OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!! usually i would have been too scared to just do it with no aneasthetic or numbing but i agreed he could do it.

he took a long handled tool like a tweezer/plier thing, his assistant pulled my tongue out of the way, he took hold of the protruding bony bit and snapped at it.

There was a very loud cracking noise and it stung my gums very badly for about a minute, he gave me a drink of some numbing liquid, it bled for a few seconds, and then it was all over!!!

my tongue is still sore and i think it will take a few days to heal as it has ulcers, and my gum is still sore, but its nothing compared to it rubbing on that sharp bone.

And now i am celebrating with a little snack and a drink of milk.I havent had more than a couple of mouthfuls of anything at a time for several days.

:jump::jump::cheers::cheers:

he also siad that he could see more in my mouth but he would deal with them immediately anytime they were bothering me if i just caled him so i feel better about that.He didnt take those out today because they arent above the gum line and he didnt want to go too far into the gum as it can cause an infection.

:jump::jump:

:jump::jump::yay::yay: so pleased for you. Well done you for not having it numbed :respect:You tongue will soon return to normal and there is alway orajel/bonjela for now :) :cheers: enjoy that milk

Julie :XXLhug:

Back