• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

seabond

P

PX631

Please help.
I wear dentures and the dentist advised me to use Seabond ultra salts, i am having a big problem putting it on as i have parkinsons, if i do manage, it only seems to last a couple of hours, and my denture falls down into my mouth while i am eating, its really getting me down.

Please could anyone advise me of anything else i could use, the dentist says its because my mouth as shrunk that they keep falling out.:confused:

Sounds like your dentist needs to reline your denture

I agree with RP, sounds like you need a reline to make them fit nice and snug again, other than that maybe fixodent or poligrip, although I find those a bit messy when you take dentures out, as it leaves some in your mouth

Julie

Hi PX

As the others said, a reline would be your best option, but if for whatever reason you are unable to do that at this time, I find when I need an adhesive I use Fixodent. I have tried the SeaBond, and it didn't work for me either.

The Fixodent can be difficut to get out if you use too much, or only have it in for a short time. If you can, follow the package directions, (I use the one that is almost circular and has two tiny lines) and you will get a nice seal that doesn't allow food to get under your plate.

To remove it, with your denture in, swish really WARM, almost hot water around in your mouth, try to get it under your denture too, to loosen the adhesive. Once you can get the denture out (might take a couple of swishes) use a paper towel, or even a washcloth, on the roof of your mouth to remove the residual adhesive there. I then run cold water over the denture, and rub it with my thumb to remove the adhesive that is left on the denture itself. You can read about my experience with adhesive in my journal (Dental Destiny).

Hope you find something that works for you - Good Luck!!