• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in cracked tooth after crown and root canal

K

klynne95

This is a complicated question, Im hoping someone can help me.
I had a crown placement due to a cracked amalgam filling. When the filling was removed, it was found that part of my tooth was cracked......a temporary crown was placed and no pain occurred. When the permanent crown was placed that is when the pain began...after continuous pain for a few months I had a root canal, and then a filling placed in the crown.......the pain continued in my jaw, radiating up into my ear with continual ear pain. I did contact the endodontist and he placed me on a medrol dose pak to see if that would help with nerve inflammation..........it did help for a few days, but then the pain in my jaw and my ear came back. The pain is severe at times uncontrolled with ibuprofen or acetaminophen......I went back to the endodontist where he did the root canal again and said everything looked fine. I then had another filling placed and talked to my regular dentist about the jaw/ear pain. And we just decided to wait and see. There is NO pain upon biting, then pain is on the outside of the tooth near the gum line. The pain continues to radiate into the jaw and ear and causing a constant earache. Now, my eye has began to twitch on a regular basis........is there anything that can be done to fix this......or is extraction of my tooth the only thing? There is a small bit of swelling that occurs but does go away in my jaw.............HELP!

Cracked tooth that's still causing pain equals the bin usually, I'm afraid, especially after endo and crown.

awwwwwwwwww, I was hoping I could save this tooth, Ive spent $2000.00 on this one tooth.......thanks for the info......I appreciate it.

Back