Thread: removing teeth broken at the gumline

Default removing teeth broken at the gumline

Hi, I have actually 3 teeth in the back 1 wisdom and 2 molars that are either broken to gum line or some of it broken to the gum line. I need them extracted. I am kinda afraid of them needing to be pulled. How would they pull them if they are to the gum line?

Default Re: broken tooth

We've been over this before. It's usually MUCH EASIER to remove a tooth that's rotted to the gumline than a more intact tooth. The bit of the tooth above the gumline just gets in the way.

I know that lay people think we grab hold of the crown of the tooth and pull it out, but that's NOT how it's done, so the crown being missing is not an issue.

OK?

--
      Despite appearances to the contrary, Gordon has been a qualified dentist for over thirty years.

thank you

Are you absolutly positive that they need to be pulled. I would get a second opinion to see if they can be fixed.I'm really kicking myself for not getting a second opinion on a molar that i lost to a previous dentist. Half of the crown was broken to part of the pulp,the dentist told me that to fix it would require a root canal ,crown and extensive work. Then he said its most likely cracked right through.Well when he pulled it out ,it was late and it was obvious that he was antsy to get home,anyway,when the tooth came out it was in one peice and when i asked to see it he was reluctant.Then I hear from others that this group of dentist was notorious for pulling teeth instead of trying to fix them.Which doesnt make sence because they make more money from fixing them. So I'm still choked because the dentist that I have now would have at least made the effort to fix it.You have those teeth for life you really should get a second opinion.