Thread: Pain in other teeth after molar extraction

Default Pain in other teeth after molar extraction

I had a cracked molar extracted 2 days ago. I'd had lots of work done on it to try to save it but everything failed and it had to come out. My question is this: is it normal for lots of other teeth to be in pain after the extraction? The extracted molar was on the bottom of my mouth but several teeth above and below now hurt quite badly. Also, does anyone know how long I'll be in so much discomfort? I've never had a molar extracted before.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Default Re: Pain in other teeth after molar extraction

Hi! I had a back molar pulled almost a month ago. The first couple of days when I was on pain killers, no problem. After the first week, it felt more uncomfortable then before. After another week or 2, the pain went away completely. Just keep using your salt water rinse and keep it clean over there. That helped a lot. I noticed that when the stitches I had finally dissolved the healing process seemed to speed up. I did feel strange pains in other areas but thats a whole new story for me.... LOL. I hope that all goes well for you!

Thank you for your reply. I'm still in considerable pain 3 days after the molar was removed. The tooth next to the removed molar is VERY painful. I've been taking Co-Codamol and Ibuprofen but neither is helping much. Can anyone recommend anything else?

I'm so frightened I'm going to end up losing the tooth next to the extracted molar.

I've spent another day and night in excruciating pain. I didn't sleep at all because it was so bad. I went to the emergency dentist in my nearest city this morning (it's a Sunday so my own dentist isn't open) and was told I now have an infected socket and an abscess. The socket has been cleaned and packed and I'm now on a course of antibiotics.

I'm sooooooooooo fed up of being in agony either through the work done trying to save the tooth, the extraction or the complications from the extraction.

I could seriously jump off the top of a very high cliff without a parachute!

I just wanted to say i hope you fel better soon.

Ive had 8 weeks of misery with my teeth and now have an infection on top of it all!!

There is nothing worse than tooth ache, hope yours andmine clears up FAST!!! really gets you down eh?

Sarah

Thanks for your kind words Sarah. I hope you feel better too very soon. I'm still in pain and taking Ibuprofen. I have enough antibiotics to last today, tomorrow and half of the next day. Yes, toothache (or in my case socket / jaw ache) is the worst. The pain wears you down to a point where normal day to day life becomes impossible. I feel like rigor mortis is setting-in!

Best wishes to you xx