• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dentures

B

beejee

Does anyone like their dentures? Are there any happy stories out there. I'm only interested in the ones without implants.

That's a very good question and one I'm also interested in. Thanks for posing it.

Do I like the fact that at 45 I'm toothless? No.
Do I like having big chunks of plastic in my mouth to eat or look presentable? No.

Am I glad that I no longer have infected, cracked and broken teeth? YES!

Am I happy that I can now eat foods that I avoided for years? YES!

So all in all, to answer your question, do I like my dentures? Heck yeah. :yay:

I've covered the pros and cons I've found in my journal, along with the ups and downs along the road.

Cielo.....thanks for the info. I am not there, yet. But will be facing this, with or without implants, so this thread is very interesting to me. Thanks for your candor and insight.

Do I like the fact that at 45 I'm toothless? No.
Do I like having big chunks of plastic in my mouth to eat or look presentable? No.

Am I glad that I no longer have infected, cracked and broken teeth? YES!

Am I happy that I can now eat foods that I avoided for years? YES!

So all in all, to answer your question, do I like my dentures? Heck yeah. :yay:

I've covered the pros and cons I've found in my journal, along with the ups and downs along the road.

Ditto.

I cant afford implants right now myself, maybe in the future, But it was ethier have cracked/infected/missing teeth or a denture.. So i went with denture.
;D

I'm working on the implants. I have the screws in and am waiting for my insurance to cycle again before continuing on. In the meantime, I have regular immediate dentures and all the frustrations that go with.

Heading onto this road, you have to be prepared for a LOT of learning and many frustrations. Several surprises, as well. Of course dentures are always a last resort, but it's not ALL bad. I have enjoyed the learning process. For example, I never thought much about blueberries having seeds, but they do. Many, many, tiny, gritty, evil little seeds. :devilish:

I DO like my denture.

Although the immediate denture, with having the relines done can be trying, I love being able to smile again, and not having to worry about bad breath. I am also looking forward to getting my partial denture for the bottom!! I will be able to eat just about anything!! Which is a good thing, I just found out my cholesterol was high, and am now on a low cholesterol diet, which means a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Of course, with no bottom molars, I can't do salads yet, but within two weeks I will be able to!!! YAY!!!

My journal is on here to and details me getting my immediate denture and what I am going through getting the partial. It's called Dental Destiny (or Mysteries of My Mouth) if you're interested. Mine is mostly pretty positive.

Best wishes to anyone that has to go through this journey, either by need or by choice (mine was a choice of full denture on top, partial on bottom, instead of both full top and bottom or partial top and bottom).

Back