• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A Little Levity

G

GMP

Going tomorrow for my other half mouth perio work and 4 extractions. Since two of the teeth are so loose I could probably work them out myself (and have thought of it, with pliers.....just joking), do you think I'll get a discount? I'm thinking probably not......but too bad. Less work on his part, wouldn't you say?

Will be thinking about you, GMP! Let us know how things go!

Hi GMP, I was the same.When I saw the 2nd dentist, the receptionist asked me if any of my teeth were mobile which I found mortifying as there were people in the waiting room who could hear:o:redface::o I did have one at the back that wasn't causing me any trouble but like you it was ready to come out.It did in fact before my extractions appointment so instead of needing 17 teeth out (my wisdoms never came through) I just had 16 to come out.I remember I just wiggled it with my tongue and it dropped onto my tongue, how gross :censored:

Last edited:
Funny GMP, I've got one that I'm wondering is going to come out when I get my impressions Friday.
Good luck!!

;D I'd be for almost anything that kept me out of the chair, even for a few minutes..

Good luck tomorrow.

So I tried to work the "discount" angle given the teeth's mobility and while he responded that the extractions would be "free", the statement showed otherwise. $3k later for the two visits....Funny tho, all the receptionist wanted to talk about was the $83 coming back from the insurance company. Ugh.....bad dental insurance for sure but it was almost comical to listen to her go on and on about the $83. Four extractions and two bone grafts today.......would definitely characterize it as painless but unpleasant. The pulling and then opening my eyes to see him sewing in my mouth was the "unpleasant " part. Now have a couple more visits for observation and evaluation and then I guess referral to a dentist, which is frightening all over thinking about sitting in an unknown person's chair. I know down the road I am in for a lot more but hopefully this can bide me some time......a year or two or more before more drastic measures. Thanks all for your support as I embark on this journey. Still have not told a soul....beyond my phobic-mates....for whom i am very, very grateful!!! That will be the next big step for me. Thanks to you all!

Glad you got through it! (That's the best part..when it's OVER!) :XXLhug:

Back