• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Here- emergency dentist visit today...only 17

L

lozzyhickers

I've been terrified of the dentist since I was 8, I had to had a white filling (How pathetic is that?!) it didn't hurt. But since then i've had a baby tooth pulled and a big filling on an adult tooth.

I've had toothache for a few days so mum booked me an emergency appointment for today. I simply can't wait another month, i'm scared it'll get worse. I'd rather just get it over and done with. But because they cancelled my appointment 3 times last time, dad's coming with me to put his foot down, I really would like to get the work done there and then, to stop it getting any worse, and i'm just so scared. And between now and my next checkup I have 3 A-Level exams and a driving theory exam, so I don't want to be distracted by my teeth. What do you think the chances are? I'm so scared and I just want it done :cry:.

Well ,it was all ok! I had an x-ray done, which to be honest was the most painful, she grazed my gum and made me gag. But it turns out it's just my wisdom teeth coming through. I had a full blown panic attack when I went in and ended up in tears...for nothing! No decay whatsoever

Good for you! I'm glad everything worked out OK. Now relax and have a bangin weekend!

Woohoo! You did it! Way to go! :jump:

Do whatever you need to do - get therapy if necessary - to get over your dental fears so that you can take good care of your teeth while you're young ... so you don't end up like me later in life, facing a bone graft and dental implants (or worse, dentures) just to be able to smile, chew, and talk properly!

Back