• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

back from tooth extraction

I hate nights I can't sleep. I am realizing its very hard to keep food out of the open spot where the tooth used to be. Guess I will have to keep rinsing until I come up with a better idea. I am still counting sheep at night (thank you for yours Michelle :). I have tried other real foods that aren't "safe" and found that it is harder for me to eat them. So I have been staying away from them now.

hey maybe you could fly a few of those sheep back to me haha .. i could have done with them last night. i am hoping tonight i will be out like a light as soon as my head touches the pillow. i didnt sleep propped up last night either, so am trying to make do without all that extra padding behind my head and shoulders, and get back to normal.
today i had a bowl of cereal, rice krispies, and they were lovely!! but also several times i got some stuck in my sockets, one seems to be worse than the other, larger, its the one that had the broken root so needed cutting out rather than just the pulling, i guess its normal it will take longer to heal.
also had some biscuits today with a cup of tea, dunked them in so nice and soft and YUMMY in my TUMMY :jump:
i think we should be able to buy "extraction site plugs" lol ! something to stick in the gaps so we can eat !

I agree with the plugs! :jump: That would be so nice to just insert one in that looks like a tooth and just go about your day and night. I hate getting food stuck. I wish there were an easy way (besides rinsing) to get it out. Sounds like you are healing along very nicely. I don't know if I am ready to surrender any sheep back to you yet ha ha. Maybe a few more days :). I wonder how oh wow is doing since it was almost his wedding day.

Hello, Yes one day to go but quite worried not by the wedding but the fear of getting dry socket!

Had the tooth out on Monday afternoon so this is my third day. It gets sore by the end of each day from talking etc, especially having been at work.

Annoyingly i cannot see the extraction zone too well - it looks dark which i take to be the clot. To be honest it stopped bleeding after about 30 mins post extraction but i left the gauze in for 5 hours anyway. Hasn't bled since but i am just worried as their is a bit of a smell from it still?! Which is making me paronoid about dry socket.

The food thing is hell isn't it? I am sooooo hungry. Hope that i will be able to drink at the wedding tomorrow.

When i have smoked, which is a couple of times a day i have put a gauze over the extraction area and then rinsed with salt water after, the salt water i am doing after every meal/smoke and bed time. With the Vit C tabs i am taking hopefully it should do the healing good.

Have been using the electric tooth brush since yesterday AM.

Very jealous of you guys being a few days ahead! Hope it is all going ok.

Hello, Yes one day to go but quite worried not by the wedding but the fear of getting dry socket!

Had the tooth out on Monday afternoon so this is my third day. It gets sore by the end of each day from talking etc, especially having been at work.

Annoyingly i cannot see the extraction zone too well - it looks dark which i take to be the clot. To be honest it stopped bleeding after about 30 mins post extraction but i left the gauze in for 5 hours anyway. Hasn't bled since but i am just worried as their is a bit of a smell from it still?! Which is making me paronoid about dry socket.

The food thing is hell isn't it? I am sooooo hungry. Hope that i will be able to drink at the wedding tomorrow.

When i have smoked, which is a couple of times a day i have put a gauze over the extraction area and then rinsed with salt water after, the salt water i am doing after every meal/smoke and bed time. With the Vit C tabs i am taking hopefully it should do the healing good.

Have been using the electric tooth brush since yesterday AM.

Very jealous of you guys being a few days ahead! Hope it is all going ok.

Wanted to say "have a wonderful wedding" i wish you both all the very best of happiness for the future! x :cheers:

and it sounds like you are taking good care of the socket, you should be healed up nicely very soon and avoid the dreaded dry socket! :thumbsup:

God just looked at the extraction properly (upper molar) and i cannot see a clot there and i am sue i can see a bit of bone.

Have not got any pain and today it has felt better but looking at the hole i just cannot see a clot!

Will have to call the dentist asap tomorrow AM!

Don't panic yet. A few days after my extractions I looked at the places the teeth had come from, the clot shrunk from its first appearence and it had a white patch in the middle, this was all normal. I was a bit surprised at seeing the white bit and it could be this that you saw.

Its a good idea to get it checked by your dentist though, it will put your mind at rest.

Don't panic yet. A few days after my extractions I looked at the places the teeth had come from, the clot shrunk from its first appearence and it had a white patch in the middle, this was all normal. I was a bit surprised at seeing the white bit and it could be this that you saw.

Its a good idea to get it checked by your dentist though, it will put your mind at rest.

I hope it is, just wished i had looked earlier, what could be a bone - or what i think it is - is quite straight and about 2-3mm in length. Had felt better today as well.....

It has not really bled at all apart from the first hour at most. Hope you are right Robot.

Hi Oh Wow, if you had a dry socket you would be feeling far worse, definetly not better. They say when you have one the pain is unmistakingly excrutiating. Relax, You're in the safe zone now!

rp

Cheers RP, i just worry that it is already a dry socket with the pain about to land as i hit day 4 post extraction.

Will find out in 8 hours!

Congrats on tomorrow oh wow :cheers:. Does it feel better to have gotten the tooth taken care of? I am one week now from having my lower tooth extraction. I feel so much better and am happy to finally be eating real food again. Did your dentist give you any pain pills? I still find it hard to keep food out of where the tooth was out. I have learned to basically eat on the other side of my mouth depending what food it is I eat. Three days out for you without much bleeding, I agree dry socket shouldnt be an issue for you. basically, just set a follow up appt with your dentist and just let them know that you just wanted a small re-check to make sure your healing ok. I wish the both of you a very happy day tomorrow :)

Woke up and there was some syliva/blood in the socket so couldn't see the bone. Been to the dentist and he cleaned it out and put some cotton wool and clove in. Has given me penacilin and said the pack would fall out in a few days - he didn't give me anything else to replace it once it hs fallen out though.

funny i am suppose to have nitrous oxide to and i am scared yet i havent heard anything bad about it, i just have never been drunk or stone so i dont know what to do about it i find it better then any sleeping sedation or deep

Back