• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

root canal tommorow

ok, i finished it. he said he would wait 3 months to see what is going to happen about the infection, so fingers crossed.

i didnt need anasthetic this time, so i was a bit apprehensive, but when he started i could hardly feel it anyway, so i wasent bothered.

overall i'm very happy and thanks for all your support on here :)

this website is brilliant for people who are scared of the dentist, and i salute you all ;)

Glad you are happy - I'll keep everything crossed for you.

For those who may be concerned about the lack of anaesthetic thing for this second appointment, I know from recent experience that even when the nerve has been removed at the first appointment, it is perfectly possible to numb up tissues for the second appointment and personally wouldn't want to do it any other way (as I have now experienced both methods and know which I prefer)....sounds like you 'did a Gordon Brown' Vtec24

IMHO I think it's better to be able to lie back and relax, particularly as in my case total appt time of full dentist's attention was 2 lots of 1 hour 3/4.

Last edited:
my second one was only 20 minutes :)

and can i just say, if your nerve is removed, it feels like you have anaesthetic, because you cant feel it lol. in fact on the second appointment, i felt it less than with the first one.

you really dont need anaesthetic for the second appointment.

(obviously have it if your really worried, but the worst part of the whole RCT, was the needle on the first appointment :p)

you really dont need anaesthetic for the second appointment.

(obviously have it if your really worried, but the worst part of the whole RCT, was the needle on the first appointment :p)

Now I understand ---- I'm lucky enough to have found a dentist with imperceptible painfree injection technique so I never have to do that calculation. The time before (years ago) - no injection was given at the second appointment - just some local was squirted down the canals - it was ok for the most part but I much preferred the recent experience.
As you say people can make their own decision and many dentists will automatically want to use LA anyway.

Back