• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

UK: safe mercury filling removal.

Q

qweety

Hello

i am wondering if anyone here knows where to have mercury fillings safely removed in the UK ? i am trying to find an approximate price per filling? just to get an idea of how much it might be for my 9 fillings.

any help would be great.

thanks.

Do you have cavities under all them fillings? I had one removed and refilled with the white filling. cost me $200.00. It lasted a few years. Gold crown cost me $1000.00. If i had known better at the time i would have had silver that would have lasted another 25 years at the price of $80.00.

i simply want the poison out of my mouth and i am prepared to sell things to fund the operation. so it seems i am looking at over £1000 (pounds).

Did they use a dam and provide you with an air breathing apparatus when you had your removal?

The air breathing apparatus is a bunch of bunk and so is the theory that its poison. Cant say i ever heard of any one dying from mercury filling poison. Many of the so called holistic dentists in the USA have been slapped with lawsuits for unethical practice in the removal of mercury for no reason. You may want to do some research on the dangers of anesthetic injection injury to the nerve or perhaps root canal fillings. Removal of 9 fillings is a risk i would never take.

qweety, GO FOR IT ! Whatever it costs, and however far you need to travel!
:thumbsup:
Hydrargyria (or Mercurialism) is a disease caused by mercury (a heavy metal) or its compounds, the VAPOUR of which damages the brain, lungs and/or kidneys.

I find it almost laughable (if it wasn't so terrifying) that while many dentists insist that mercury fillings are totally harmless, when they remove them they themselves are covered from head to foot like astronauts so they're not exposed to it. And this stuff has been sitting in people's mouths, being inhaled with every breath?

The expression "mad hatter" originates from the 1800's, when people who made hats worked closely with mercury, and as a result slowly went mad.

Oh and gold crown, holistic practitioners in the US are constantly getting slapped with law suits - how else are the drug companies expected to make their disgusting fortunes if those darn holistic doctors and dentists go around curing people, hmmm? :(

thanks sandysea.

almost all dentists say mercury is harmless , due to the fact they have been installing it in mouths all their career , ( and dont want to feel wrong , and its not really their fault.) i also have fluoride in my drinking water , and i have cleaned my teeth at least twice a day but have fillings due to the 'for kids' type snacks i was given when i was younger. like: breakfast cereal with high sugar , chocolate, crisps , cordial . even though i cleaned my teeth twice a day it did catch up on me each dental visit. since i gave up processed sugar and tea my teeth have been soo much better, I haven't needed a filling in years. but i have these nine fillings that i will have taken out, perhaps 3 at a time?. Even if i have to sell my computers. yep, and i shall also buy a reverse osmosis filter to get all the fluoride and chlorine out of my water.

thanks again. :cheers:

I never went to a quack dentist dressed like an astronut for removal of a filling :scared:
If mercury were to make people go mad there would not be a sane dentist left in the world. they have way more exposure to the vapors of mercury when its vapor is liquid. May as well just have the 9 teeth extracted now because in the long run thats what it will come down to in the next few years. Unless of course theres enough tooth left for a gold crown which is 5 times the amount of a composite filling. If not implants are always an option. And all them options sure keep the mad hatter dentist in business :yay:

I don't know about the rights and wrongs of it Queety but I'm in England and two years ago I had an amalgam filling replaced with a white one for £60. :)

Sooooo, gold crown, you have BEEN to a dentist to have your mercury fillings removed? Why?

Or you haven't? And if not, then how would you know what they wear when they remove mercury fillings, hmmmm?

Oh and by the way qweety, I'd be careful about consuming too much of that flouridated water. Flouride is actually a toxic waste product of industry and has never been safety tested on humans or animals! The chemicals used to fluoridate drinking water are silicofluorides which are linked with increased lead absorption. Extensive studies have linked fluoride chemicals to bone fractures, lowered IQ, thyroid dysfunction, cancer, allergies and much more. In fact, flouridated water was even used in nazi concentration camps because it kept people passive and made them easier to control!!!
:cry:

Giving up sugar and ensuring plenty of vitamin c for your gum health and calcium for strong teeth, as well as brushing and/or flossing after every meal, is far more likely to prevent decay than swallowing gallons of toxic industrial waste!

yes, dentists must surely have a higher mercury level in their system , perhaps they attribute their ill feelings to old age rather than the fumes/substances they put in theirs and customers mouths. ( imagine trying to explain mercury is bad to all your patients that you have been installing mercury within, no way !! "mercury is a safe do not worry!" its cheaper too!! : /) Also you dont have to go mad or die to have ill effects from a poison, it could simply be the high back ground noise floor to all your senses. ( like if you drink 2 pints of beer each night, you wont die or go mad, but you will feel ill during the morning and day until you drink again and numb your senses once more. (it may kill you eventually though)

i have just found a reverse osmosis machine which i shall purchase next pay day. : ) awesome.!!

i am also practising breathing in from the nose and out with the mouth. not easy but i'm getting there.

peace to you all.

I only had one removed because of decay after 25 years in my mouth. It was replaced with composite resin filling at the option of the dentist. After 2 years and a different dentist it was found on xray to have more decay under the white filling. Each time you have any filling removed you loose more of the tooth. Dont think they just pop the old filling out without drilling!

Soooo, when the white filling had to be removed. Guess what? no tooth left to fill. Im lucky i caught the decay in time before i needed a root canal or an extraction. Since then i had another silver filling placed on another tooth without a local anesthetic :magicwand: should be good for more than 2 years till i have to get that one crowned.

Peace to you all your teeth

i'm sure this won't change your mind, you seem very set on having your fillings removed, and fair play.

but, unless you have decay, cracks etc, i'd advise against having old fillings removed. it causes trauma to the tooth/tooth-substance loss and the composite fillings have chemicals/plastics in them too you know!! there's more poison in your environment (no matter where you live/eat/drink etc) than there is in your fillings. my dentist, a top prosthodontist type guy, has plenty of silver fillings in his mouth.

but, i know lots of people do get them removed, so just make sure you get it done at a really good dentists who use *rubber dam* when placing the new white ones (if they don't, your white fillings might not last very long at all and might damage your teeth even more by getting decay under them etc).

Ya know, I might be strange (there's them who'll testify to that), but somehow I'd rather have a dentist who didn't have plenty of fillings - silver or otherwise - in his mouth. Sort of like I'd rather have a healthy doctor, or a psychiatrist (if I had one) who wasn't nuts, lol.
:ROFLMAO:

I think this thread need to be closed as it is generating more heat than light. The purpose of this forum is to help and support those with dental anxiety/phobia.

There are many different opinions on these subjects. We are not going to solve these questions here. Therefore, let us agree to disagree, agreeably.

One thing we can all agree on and support is that people with dental anxiety and phobias need help and comfort. That is why this forum was created and continues to exist. It is one of the most positive groups I have seen and has helped many people wrought with overwhelming terror. Let's keep doing that and uplifting each other.

Blessings :)

I never went to a quack dentist dressed like an astronut for removal of a filling :scared:
If mercury were to make people go mad there would not be a sane dentist left in the world. they have way more exposure to the vapors of mercury when its vapor is liquid. May as well just have the 9 teeth extracted now because in the long run thats what it will come down to in the next few years. Unless of course theres enough tooth left for a gold crown which is 5 times the amount of a composite filling. If not implants are always an option. And all them options sure keep the mad hatter dentist in business :yay:

....are you a dentist? Work for the government? Or just plain silly? :(

Back