• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

denture bite?

S

suemc

Hello

I just had new dentures uppers and lowers and the lower ones have been hell!!
I had immediate ones put in so when they did the immpressions i could not try them on but the lower bite on the left has been off since day one and they keep ignoring it. I think this is the cause of alot of my problems such as swelling in my cheek and my jaw hurts from it digging and it seems like they dont sit on top of my gums right. Can anyone also tell me if that sharp feeling along the edges wear itself down by itself ?

Thanks Sue

Hi Sue & :welcome: I only have an upper denture (bottom partial is in my future though). My upper had to be adjusted several times though. There many ways the dentist can adjust the denture to make it more comfortable. I would go back and see if the dentist can do anything to help :) Keep us posted

Hello

Well I finally went to see someone else a licensed denturist. He informed me my suspicions were correct! I need new ones made. The bite was so off that no matter what I tried to do I kept biting the inside of my cheeks and the jaw pain was horrific.
Do you think i should try to get my money back? Im very depressed about this the other dentist put me through alot of pain and anxiety for something that was not my fault and I tried so hard to make work. Well waiting for new ones hope this time its better should not have to be this hard!! Thanks for being here to listen.

Suemc

Back