Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is going to the dentist better in the Morning or the Afternoon

Default Is going to the dentist better in the Morning or the Afternoon

I prefer the mornings just so you can be done with it.
      What do you prefer?

Default Re: Is going to the dentist better in the Morning or the Afternoon

I prefer mornings otherwise I worry and panic all day. However, if you're worried about gagging (like me) you're more likely to gag and/or feel nauseous in the morning. I don't know why exactly but a nurse told me this a while back.

I am a mornings person as well. Going in the morning gets it over with and suits fitting appointments with going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamDee View Post
      I am a mornings person as well. Going in the morning gets it over with and suits fitting appointments with going to work.
      Same here, first thing in the morning fitted around work so much better. Though I'm no longer employed, I still keep the habit.

John

I much prefer late afternoon so that I can leave work early and not have to face anyone afterwards.

i prefer afternoons so i don't have to rush to get to the dentist (my dentist is around a two hour trip from where i live!). my dentist only treats patients in the mornings though, so all my appointments are at 9am and mean very early wake-ups for me (not that i'd have got any sleep the night before the dentist anyway!).

I think it's all a matter of what you are more comfortable with.

I'm not a morning person at all, but I prefer morning appointments because I can go ahead and get it out of the way. I know if I had an afternoon one I'd spend the whole day worrying about it versus just waking up and having to leave right away which doesn't leave me as much worrying time.

Quote Originally Posted by robotguy View Post
      I much prefer late afternoon so that I can leave work early and not have to face anyone afterwards.
      i have to go with robotguy i perfer afternoon i like night time
      You only live once so make the best of it

I would rather go in the afternoon but they did not have a slot so i went 11.30am yesterday.

Dave.

well i had a 9 am appointment today. Woke up at 8 i was really nervous when i walked there. Have to go back next wednesday at 10 am.