• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Non Mint flavoured toothpaste

F

fearofdentist

I am looking for a non-mint toothpaste.

Does anyone know of a adult toothpaste which does not taste of mint? I'm finding this hard to find anywhere, I found crest lemon ice whilst looking online but then this I hear has been discontinued. :(

I asked my dentist but was recommended mentadent p, or sensodyne pronamel, but I just looked online and they both contain mint?!?

I find that any kind of mint makes me sick as soon as I start using it.

I've also been advised to use Corsodyl gel and I'm concerned that this will contain mint too so anything else I could use in replace of this to clear up red gums from all the tar tar that has recently been removed?

Please can anyone help, as just using water at the moment but advised I need to use a paste and cannot find anything on the internet. :(

Tom's of Maine have some great products Crest has Cinnamon flav as well :)

Have you tried some of the kids' toothpastes? They come in flavours like bubble gum and watermelon.

Crest Pro Health with cinnamon

there is a spot for coupons as well it is better than mint

Hiya fearofdentist,
Why not make your own toothpaste (cheaper and safer!) using ingredients from any supermarket:
  • 6 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons glycerin
You can also add, according to taste:

a capful of hydrogen peroxide, or
small quantity of pure oil (from any health food shop) of: cinnamon, cloves, coconut, or anise (or even orange, strawberry etc, according to your own preferences)
you can also add a small amount of colloidal silver to it, to kill any bacteria in the mouth.

Mix the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and if necessary add just enough liquid (oil or water) to make the concoction "tooth-pastey". Spoon the substance into a small refillable plastic squeeze bottle or any container that dispenses easily and won't leak. At least that way you can be absolutely certain what's in it.

I'm in Australia and I use Thursday Plantation Tea Tree toothpaste - an Australian one. I love it, totally natural, flouride free, and I never had such a clean-feeling mouth than with this toothpaste. Alas, it does have a small amount of peppermint in it.

and for those in the UK you can buy the whole range of Tea Tree products at [broken link removed]
And NO, I don't have any shares in the company, LOL:giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Close Up is cinnamon flavor. I use it to brush my tongue. :giggle:

Hmm how do u brush your tounge and is it necessary

Hmm how do u brush your tounge and is it necessary

I've always brushed my tongue..it's a place that bacteria can get trapped and cause bad breath. I just use a very soft toothbrush..stick my tongue out as far as I can..and lightly brush it. Rinse..spit..ready to go. :)

you forget the GAG part, could never do that...................:sick:

but my tongue:giggle: is ticklish

Just reading this is setting off my gag reflex and making my tongue curl :redface:

My son can't bear mint either, so he uses Kingfisher fennel toothpaste with fluoride. A bit pricey but if it means he's going to take good care of his teeth, definitely worth it.

Lynne

Back