• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need Oral Sedation Success Stories!

S

scared0902

I am having oral sedation on August 12 for a crown and filling. I have oral sedation a couple of years ago and felt nothing--I even had a panic attack in the middle of my appointment.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to a successful, positive visit and want to hear about oral sedation success stories so that I can stop replaying my last negative experience. Thanks!

There's quite few posted on here, take a look at my journal if you'd like. I've had Valium- medium response and Halcion alone and with nitrous or hypnosis.

Best bet for a no awareness, no memory was Halcion alone or in combo. Make sure your dentist offers a stacked dose if the first pill doesn't work. If you're not relaxed ask for another before they do anything. Tell them you're worried it won't work and hasn't in the past. I'm kinda small 5'2 medium weight- I needed 2, a couple times 3.

Back