• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Re: Dentist outfits

S

StephenDunn

i dont care what they wear as long as they get the job done :p

If my dentist was to work naked or in a bikini, I would be there every single day without any fears (probably not but you catch my drift :-*). She is simply stunning as well as having a superb personality.

I know a lot of people are put off by white coats, but to my mind, white coats look clean and professional and that's what I look to in a dentist - professionalism, cleanliness and hygiene. For consultations my dentist wears blue but for getting down to the nitty gritty changes to the whites. If I were to see a dentist who was dressed casually I probably wouldn't have much trust in them. But then, I am very old fashioned. I remember the days when IBM engineers weren't allowed to visit companies even on the hottest of days without a tie and keeping jackets on.

scaredstiff said:
I know a lot of people are put off by white coats, but to my mind, white coats look clean and professional and that's what I look to in a dentist - professionalism, cleanliness and hygiene. For consultations my dentist wears blue but for getting down to the nitty gritty changes to the whites. If I were to see a dentist who was dressed casually I probably wouldn't have much trust in them. But then, I am very old fashioned. I remember the days when IBM engineers weren't allowed to visit companies even on the hottest of days without a tie and keeping jackets on.
Jenny hasn't worn a White Coat,with me yet :( And i'm having Cleanings done

She and Sarah wear those Blue Scrubs. Infact i've seen a few Dentists around that Surgery and never seen a White Coat.

But i'm so glad she doesn't wear a White Coat. That just increases my fear and panic

Bumping an old thread.. but oh well.

The office I went to the dentist had on white coat which doesn't really bother me, but all of the assistants had on these AWFUL light beige scrubs. Those just made me shudder. :o

I have recently signed up with a practice in Kings Lynn (Norfolk UK) called "Smiles Better". Their uniforms are very unique; black tunics with a small red logo on the front. Very nice - they look like masseurs!! I do like old fashioned white piping on sleeves and collars though.........;)

The dentist nurses/assisants wear I go blue, most of the dentists where I go wear blue dental tops, I think one of them wears white she is very rough, but young and pretty attractive, I only had two experiences with her, first time she was fine and gentle, 2nd time very very rough. my dentist since she owners the pratice has purple tops.

The uniform has changed over the years, I think some dental have wore green tops.

Last edited:
Back