• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

white gum after extraction

S

sam85

white gum after extraction (help so panicky)

hi i had two teeth out near the front but at the side on wednesday,its now saturday,the pain is less then before but every 6 odd hours i have paras ,its better then it was but i have white stuff in the holes,is this normal? my gum seems a little white round the edge too,is this ok?

also my dentist tryed pulling another tooth but i felt pain ,this is the second time shes tryed,she always puts the injection towards the back ,where my other dentist was put it round the tooth ,is this normal.:hidesbehindsofa: very panicky about the whitness

Last edited:
Re: white gum after extraction (help so panicky)

Hi Sam, I'm not a dentist but I've had lots of teeth pulled :cry: The whiteness sounds ok to me -like healing tissue, the clot kinda loses it's color as it slowly dissolves. Keep doing your salt water rinses, as long as you don't have a yellowish, pussy drainage and the pain is getting better, not worse, it sounds like you are healing.

You may want to post your questions in the "your dentistry questions answered" section though so when one of the dentists come along they can answer it.

I can't answer the local question, but maybe you should see an oral surgeon for that difficut extraction and have it done under IV/GA so its comfortable for you.

Good job getting the work done.

rp

hi i had two teeth out near the front but at the side on wednesday,its now saturday,the pain is less then before but every 6 odd hours i have paras ,its better then it was but i have white stuff in the holes,is this normal? my gum seems a little white round the edge too,is this ok?

also my dentist tryed pulling another tooth but i felt pain ,this is the second time shes tryed,she always puts the injection towards the back ,where my other dentist was put it round the tooth ,is this normal.:hidesbehindsofa: very panicky about the whitness

the white in the tooth socket sounds like granulation tissue, as long as the white remains there and the pain is lessening then everything is going great, If you loose the white granulation tissue or the pain increases you need to get back to the dentist and get it checked out. but it sounds as though you are doing great!

Back