• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

can i just super glue it in?

C

chrisdot1

dentist cannot get my full crown to take to gum tells me 7 grand to drill into jaw , but im just gonna super glue it in cause i cant get a girlfriend!!!!:(

will i die if i do this?

thanks for any advice

or reccomendations of fixant.

I don't know that superglue would be a good idea - it's difficult enough to handle correctly when repairing household items - although I can understand the temptation ! But, any pharmacy should be able to sell you some dental crown cement. NB this stuff isn't intended as a permanent fix, but it might tide you over until you can find a dentist who doesn't want to rip you 7k.

John

Very bad idea. This can damage gum tissue and the tooth. It is not for use in the mouth. If the dentists cannot get the crown to adhere then I do not think you will not have any success. It would seem the underlying structure of the tooth cannot support the crown or some other reason. You will cause more problems than you would fix.

You could always get a second opinion. It is never wise to engage in "do it yourself dentistry."

I'll second stress docs recommendations.
It sounds like you are being quoted for an implant to replace the tooth. However, it is vastly less expensive to replace the tooth with a removable denture or, if the adjacent teeth are good enough, a bridge.
Ask about alternative options.
Best of luck

Lincoln

theres nuthin for it to adhere too its fully out and gum is closin over ive tried death 3 times already plus i ride a superbike so dont care bout dyin just wanna be able to smile for a bit no dentist will touch me on nhs, anythin they can do on nhs isnt enough i walked away last time from dentist with it wobblin he said theres nuthin he could do so i would say that that is the response ill get from any nhs dentist, what about some other adhesive like time bond or somethin.

Very bad idea. This can damage gum tissue and the tooth. It is not for use in the mouth. If the dentists cannot get the crown to adhere then I do not think you will not have any success. It would seem the underlying structure of the tooth cannot support the crown or some other reason. You will cause more problems than you would fix.

You could always get a second opinion. It is never wise to engage in "do it yourself dentistry."

its a crown not a real tooth ive none of them left im 39 and didnt look after my teeth i was in a rock band and cant stress enough how much cocaine i rubbed on em my mouth is fu%^ed no back teeth only front and they r crowns.
so can someone just reccomend an adhesive i can use the dental stuff isnt strong enough.

p.s. this is my 2nd opion!

Last edited:
Hi

Glue, epoxy or anything else will not work. They cannot adhere to tooth or crown material. Dental adhesives that a dentist has are the only viable option. If a dentist cannot fix it then you will have no luck.

I am not trying to be negative but want to save you from frustration and damage. Are dentures an option? If you have almost no teeth left this could be an alternative and could be done under NHS. There are always options. Do not give up hope.

Extracting the tooth and getting a bridge is one option...

If you have almost no teeth left this could be an alternative and could be done under NHS. There are always options. Do not give up hope.

Yes you can get dentures on the NHS which would enable you to smile again.

Back