• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

"Thank You" Ideas

You can go off people you know :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: NEVER - how wicked is that - I am the one who has to put up with Lincoln being subtle, me being deaf and freaked out, and them me catching on to what is going on around me - OMG lots of work ahead lol

Dammit... I was so certain I got it right :noway:...

OK, another attempt :sherlock: - is it this one:

[broken link to image removed]

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, the man in this top even has a look of Lincoln, don't you think. I think he would be chuffed with this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

Kim I feel I should apologise for all this birdie talk. I feel entirely responsible as it was mike who started this. I will be sure to tell him all about the trouble he's caused :ROFLMAO:.

Yes we'll blame Mike :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wasntmesign:

I see Kim hasn't replied so it looks as if that's the one ;)!!

I should have known - with birdie costume number one, it would have proven nigh on impossible to put on the gloves - silly me :redface:!

Noooooooo :) I've been unpacking me DR stuff and now making hubby lunch before he goes to work and have just received a delivery of topsoil and turf - I will respond - don't worry ;)

Hah - I hadn't even thought along the lines of birdies whatsoever, what I had thought of was quite apt under the circumstances, but it can only be this particular one, and I have been looking everywhere, and do you think I can get it - nup - so will have to put my thinking cap on, because as much as I :love: you all, I will not be getting the outfit - but it is a funny thought, and has again had me laughing out loud this morning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Doctor gifts that I appreciate.
1. A patient who expresses their satisfaction online as patient reviews are a source of future patients
2. A old fashion thank-you note
3. Adult beverages
4. An active referrer is a wonderful patient and few doctors forget that.

I just dropped off a box of fancy cupcakes from a local bakery to my dentist's office, as well as a thank you card telling the dentist what a huge difference she's made in my life. They were so excited to have a little surprise.

If your dentist has helped you out this year, don't forget that your dentist is a person too, and a little expression of kindness is just a great thing to put into the world. And don't forget the unsung heroes of the dental office-- my dental assistant is just as involved in keeping me comfortable as my dentist, and the front desk staff is always cheerful and supportive.

Also, as comfortdentist reminds us, your dentist is a business person too. Good feedback online and personal referrals are the best gift of all!

I composed an original Christmas card for my dental staff- inspired by the Grinch.:Grinch:

It's handmade: construction paper and glitter, with a hand written note of "thanks and appreciation for the entire staff".

I hope they like it, and I also hope they know that it means I am going to try to not be a Grinch while I'm there from now on.:p

They will love it. I know I would love to get a card like that. hint hint .... just kidding. ;)

I composed an original Christmas card for my dental staff- inspired by the Grinch.:Grinch:

It's handmade: construction paper and glitter, with a hand written note of "thanks and appreciation for the entire staff".

I hope they like it, and I also hope they know that it means I am going to try to not be a Grinch while I'm there from now on.:p

They will love it. I know I would love to get a card like that. hint hint .... just kidding. ;)

I hope that they do love it, but I also hope that it really surprises them.

Like, "Oh, the girl who can't walk through the door w/o 7 Valium in her system and has panic attacks and won't talk is thanking us??!!!"

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they receive the letter.

I gave my dentist and his assistant each a bottle of homebrewed mead as thanks once. (Mine is pretty good stuff IMO, I know home brewing gets a bad reputation from people making nasty crap.) I think next time I go in I'll bring them some of my newer brews and make a nice card too.

I think a note is good because im not sure if dentists are ableto acept gifts (my gp is not allowed otherwise it may affect his objectivtity??!)...:(

Thanks for this thread. I've been to my new dentist three times now, and have been very happy with the care I've received from him and the staff. Also, the prices at this office are low when compared to many others, and I've saved money by going to this dentist. I still have four more visits to go, and I think that I will send the office a gift of thanks when my treatment is complete. You all have me thinking that a big cake or one of those fruit bouquets would be the thing to do, along with a card, so that the entire staff can enjoy the gift. I will also give them a positive review on Yelp.

I've worked in customer service for many years now, and I know how good it can make you feel when a customer puts in a good word for you with the boss or tells you that you made them happy. Unfortunately it doesn't happen all that often. So, I like to do this for people who give me good service when I have the opportunity.

Last year, when Phase I of my treatment was complete, I sent my dentist, "Dr. Yes," and his staff a thank-you card: "Keep Calm and Carry On" with a personal note written inside. I also sent Dr. Yes's department chair (at the dental school where he is adjunct faculty) a commendation letter, and enclosed a copy of the letter with the card. I wasn't doing this for brownie points, as I am definitely NOT a brown-noser (if I were, I'd probably make more money!), or even "keep-me-even-though-I'm-a-difficult-patient" points. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

In 2013 I spent much less time in The Chair, but needed one major restoration late in the year, which is halfway complete. Knowing that Dr. Yes is something of a social-activist Christian (as I understand, he and his staff provide dental care to people living in a shelter for the homeless on a regular basis), in pre-Great Recession years I probably would have made a donation to their shelter work as a Christmas gift to his dental practice. Because I'm still paying off last year's dental work and just added another dental expense to my low-interest credit card, this isn't really an option unless I go into more debt or take money out of savings, which I admit would be unselfish, but not the best long-term ideas: I donate what I can afford, but can't really afford another donation this year.

I dislike poinsettias, but wouldn't mind sending a holly/ivy combination or small Christmas tree. However, live plants might pose an "infection control" risk in a dental office, especially if they're planted in soil, and I want the whole staff to enjoy my gift, not fight over who's going to take it home. This brings me to the dreaded baked-goods category, which is problematic.

Based on his website bio, Dr. Yes is fairly athletic, so sugar gluttony may not be high on his vice list. I know from talking to two of his employees that they, like me, have an interest in organic and health foods, and often shop at the food co-op. Of course there is the detrimental effect of sugar on dental enamel, so bringing a homemade cake or Christmas cookies seems hypocritical, not unlike giving a box of imported cigars to a pulmonologist! Nonetheless, I know several people on DFC have overcome the sugar taboo and brought desserts as gifts to their dental offices. . .

According to my husband and colleagues, I bake good cakes (including a butter-rum cake with butter/Bacardi frosting that's "adults only") and above-average cookies (including Christmas bonbon cookies, walnut with maple frosting and almond with chocolate/amaretto frosting). I know most people eat "bad" foods sometimes, especially during the holiday season, but considering that 2/3 of my dental office (and myself) are usually more interested in fresh produce than fast food, combined with the whole sugar/dental issue, what do you think?

Last edited:
I send one of those fruit baskets after every appointment

I just ordered cakepops for my dentist office but I"m to shy to give them now. I feel like they will thing its too much, i've seen them 3 times already this month. and don't want to be a nuisance, I wrote a bunch of good reviews.. which I feel is a nice way to thank them and they even mentioned it lifted their spirits when they read . they are all really great but I don't want to overstay my welcome.. ??? I don't know... should I bring in my tooth cakepops.. before I eat them all myself?

Brought the toothcakepops in and they really liked them :)... and the cakepop guy did a great job :).

I just ordered cakepops for my dentist office but I"m to shy to give them now. I feel like they will thing its too much, i've seen them 3 times already this month. and don't want to be a nuisance, I wrote a bunch of good reviews.. which I feel is a nice way to thank them and they even mentioned it lifted their spirits when they read . they are all really great but I don't want to overstay my welcome.. ??? I don't know... should I bring in my tooth cakepops.. before I eat them all myself?

Attachments

• toothpops.jpg
    toothpops.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 10