This question may have been asked before (and I couldn't find it) but I swallowed a permanent crown this evening while eating. It came loose about a month a go but I haven't been able to take off work to go have it fixed. It was easier to use the over-the-counter temporary fix stuff until I could get in to a dentist. Tonight while eating - it came loose and I apparently swallowed it. I don't know what those crowns are made of but it looked like porcelain and metal. I suppose it will just pass through my system??? Or could the edges of the crown tear something internal?