• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wobbling a loose tooth?

L

Looseteeth

Will wobbling and putting stress on a loose tooth lead to the loosening/loss of that tooth? Also, could it lead to bone loss etc.? I've recently developed a really really bad habit of stressing my slightly loose teeth(because of braces) and i swear they have become slightly looser, plus a little sore, generally feeling how they did when i got braces. there is about 1mm of wobble, i'm very worried, and i'm incredibly concerned that i'll lose the wobbly teeth. They're the front four on the bottom, so losing these would be a disaster. Will tooth loosened like this ever set again?

I had my braces off about 2 years ago. I'm 16. It's probably me just being paranoid, but i really don't want to lose these teeth. I'm going to get an appointment at the beginning of the week.

I'm no dentist but i thing it can make a tooth looser..
When i had an abscessed tooth it made the teeth next to it loose and i kept wobbling them, but my dentist warned to to stop.. he never said why but thats why i'm gussing, as they could stay loose?
From my experience, yeah they do set.. mine are no longer loose and i used to wobble them loads!

Tooth mobility is normal while you're in braces, I even know people who still experience it months after their braces are removed!

I wouldn't really advise you keep poking/wobbling your loose tooth as I think that might make a problem.

Like I said, tooth movement is to be expected sometimes in braces... and I was also told that sometimes people without braces can experience a very small amount of movement in their lower front teeth because they have the thinnest roots compared to the other teeth which are bigger.

Back