• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had Fillings Today

T

tabatha7

Had 2 more fillings done today. It was not as bad as last time and I was able to relax more thanks to the breathing exercises Stressdoc gave me. I barely felt the injection at all and never felt anything during the fillings. So glad it was better this time. I'm still numb as all get out on that side though.

Hi Tabatha

Well Done!! I knew you could do it. This is a big thing and you maintained control and composure. You are realizing you can handle this and come through in great shape. Each time you face the fear it loses control and power over you.

Be very proud of yourself, you have come a long way in a short time. :jump::yay::jump::yay::jump:

Blessings and sleep well. :)

Thank you so much, Stressdoc... it really was completely different. I was way more relaxed and honestly, it was no big deal this time. I was still scared going in but not as much as last time. I still have 4 more to go and hopefully will be even easier next time. I used the breathing excersises to relax then during the injections I closed my eyes and counted to 20. LOL It really does help to distract yourself. This was monumental for me... I wasn't even supposed to have my appt yesterday. It was for nov 2nd. They called and said they had an opening and would I like to come in. I said yes then had a complete anxiety attack! Then I told myself this is easy... it's only an injection no big deal. I used to stress myself to death over it. I'm trying to get over my dental phobia and I feel like I am really making progress. Thank you for all your help and everyone else too. ;D

Back