• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need a dentist

D

DanSuff

Hi, Im new on here :)

Basically im 23, From Suffolk and im currently on JSA, I have a rotten tooth in my mouth and about 4 weeks ago a bit broke off it, My mouth in the past week has felt a bit heavy/hot also a bit of pain/sting and i think it's time for me to get it extracted.

Only thing is ive never had a Dentist, Would i have to register and be put on a waiting list just for a checkup or can i get an emergency one as it's been uncomfy these last few days?

Also would i have to pay, And what would be my next step?

Any help would be great, Thanks :)

Hi, Im new on here :)

Basically im 23, From Suffolk and im currently on JSA, I have a rotten tooth in my mouth and about 4 weeks ago a bit broke off it, My mouth in the past week has felt a bit heavy/hot also a bit of pain/sting and i think it's time for me to get it extracted.

Only thing is ive never had a Dentist, Would i have to register and be put on a waiting list just for a checkup or can i get an emergency one as it's been uncomfy these last few days?

Also would i have to pay, And what would be my next step?

Any help would be great, Thanks :)

I would either phone or go to the NHS website and should be able to find a walk-in emergency dentist which should offer one-off emergency treatment. Alternatively try your local hospital which has a dental clinic. The one near me has a walk in service which will bring you relief.

I can't say if you are exempt from paying on JSA, but you may be looking at paying around £45 if its an extraction (Someone may want to correct me here)

The current ruling is that you're exempt from charges if you're on income-related JSA ( used to be called income support ) but you have to pay if you're on contribution-related JSA (the one that only lasts for six months.)

Stupid and unfair rule, but there you go. :mad:

John

Back