• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pregnant and need a tooth pulled.

well i did it!!! but i was not happy about it lol. i was one of the unlucky ones i guess cuz that crap hurt!!!! what made it worse was that it was infected pretty bad. it got pulled out at about 1:30 2:00pm. and i still havent really drank anything and i have not eaten. i dont know how ppl drink or eat after this. but all in all i did it and i cannot wait till this heals up

Sorry to hear that - you probably needed a course of antibiotics first to bring the infection under control a bit.
It was your right to insist on this rather than put up with pain during extraction...sorry if you didn't realise that. Remember you always have the option of getting antibiotics from your medical doctor and then seeing a dentist for the extraction but a good dentist should also offer the antibiotics first in my experience. Hurting patients during extractions is not a good way to get loyal patients. Sorry you had to go through that, it is not really acceptable care i.m.h.o.

to be honest, im actually glad i did it when i did only becuz if i wouldve left there to come another day, i wouldnt have done it=[ i was so scared, and it hurt pretty bad but im so glad its over. i know it isnt supposed to hurt, but i know its cuz it was badly infected. i was on antibiotics a couple days before i went. cuz on saturday i was in so much pain, that i went to the ER. so im on the road to recovery lol. today is much better. i felt so weak, i didnt eat anything excpt for the bowl of cereal i had bEFORE i went. and my baby was not happy about that=[ i couldnt even talk for the whole day. but today is different: im able to eat better, i can drink better. i can talk better. there no pain at all(well the pain was gone after a couple hourse after the extraction) i havent had to take any pain medication, just an extra strength tylonal did it. just one. and the hole already seems to be closing alot. and best of all no more bleeding. which it really didnt even bleed that much. im glad i did it. my husband did nothing but tell me how proud he was of me;D he knows my fear is intense. i even got to get a cleaning. all i can say is that im going to take much better care for my teeth while i still have the chance;D:cloud9:

I was happy to read this :) Well done! My last extraction was a pretty bad one but it feels sooo good once its done and you feel a lot better! And i get what you mean now I don't have any more bad teeth in my mouth, i will never ever EVER miss another dental appointment and am going to look after my teeth so well!
Well done again, im very pleased for you :)

thanks!;D the only thing that sux is that all iv been eating is yogurt and pudding and drinking only water. im sooooo scared of getting dry socket. im so freaking hungry and pudding just isnt working. when will i be safe from dry socket?

Well, I just ate those things too and still got a dry socket but I knew I had one two days after my extraction, I think if you're very careful you could maybe try something more than that now just be super gentle around that area and keep doing your rinses. I think you should be ok now though.
Take care,
Ice-princess :)

well its been 9 days since had my tooth pulled and m trying to figure out how long it will take for this stupid hole to close. im dying to eat regular food again but im scared to dislodge the clot. when can i expect this hole to close?

The hole tends to fill in within a month or so (could be longer). Dry socket is most common 24-48 hours after the removal, and after a week the chances of developing dry socket are extremely remote, so you should be fine :)!!

so i can eat like pizza and stuff now?? since i been pregnant all i want is pizza. is there still somethng that can happen to where i can get dry socket? and are my nerves and bone area healed enuff to where if the clot did come out, i would be ok?

You are totally safe to eat most food.....I was eating semi regular food just a couple days in with five teeth gone. Everyone is different but you can basically eat anything without going overboard of course. hehehehe. I have been just eating my food in much smaller pieces, chewing with teeth away from the extraction sites, and rinsing well. Done and done :) Don't chew right on your site and you will be fine.

I have read nothing that says dry socket is common after 9 days. Everything I've read says it shows up fairly early on. Even smokers are told they can smoke after just 72 hours because the risk of dry socket lowers dramatically each day.

Just rinse well....salt water is awesome....and you are good to go. Each day and week that goes by you will eat more and more normally and eventually you will eat like anyone else, like hard foods such as chips etc.

Yeah you're okay to eat now, its been a month since my extraction and I still have a hole, i just have found nothing gets stuck in there any more, its going to be a while still until it completely closes over. So if you don't eat now you're going to be waiting a long time to eat if you're waiting for it to be just normal gum!! lol I am still not able to chew on that side of my mouth yet but im back to eating normal food now. Im pretty sure you would have got a dry socket by now if you were going to get one, Enjoy your pizza!

Back