• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

TERRIFIED and EMBARASSED

Hi....I'm back lol
So sorry I've not been on to post how I'm getting on, I had a little bit of a set back when I went to have my first half of my teeth removed. Booked the day off work, took my diazepan tabs to calm me down, fully prepared myself to go and had to travel a little way to get there too........to be told they had messed up and I was only going for a x-ray!!!! I was inconsolable! Probably a mixture of relief and anger. Took me a little while to calm down! I was then told that I had to wait another 4 weeks to go back and have the 1st half removed! In the mean-time I was eating a packet of crisps a week later and one of the teeth that I was going to have filled after all my extractions broke. The whole front part came off my tooth! I was very brave and contacted my dentist (not the oral surgeon who is doing the extractions) and he manged to convince me to come in and see him. He told me that I needed a filling and he had to rebuild the tooth. I was scared stiff! Out came the needle for the injection and I felt absolutely nothing! Honestly not even a scratch! He was so good and patient and talked me through the whole thing! I was over the moon when he had finished and now I have a lovely full WHITE tooth in the front of my mouth!

Today I went in for the 5 extractions that were originally supposed to have been done a month ago! I again took my tablets but this time phoned the surgery before going to double check lol. I went in and he was soooo kind and lovely. I had 9 injections in total and 3 from the top and 2 from the bottom removed. I can honestly say that the injections were nowhere near as bad as I had built them up to be! They were not painful just like a scratch really. The only one that felt a little strange was the one that he did in the roof of my mouth but again it wasn't painful just uncomfortable. I feel on top of the world at the moment! I've got to go back in March for the other side to be done but I will definately be going with a more positive attitude. I just wish that I had managed to pluck up the nerve to go years ago!
:jump:Thank you to all the peeps on here that are giving me support! It means so much xx

Woot woot! Good job...the anxiety is always much worse than the actual procedure (though I know even though we know that, we still have a hard time convincing ourselves!).

Let's all do a little dance... :dance2:

Back