Thread: Tooth roots showing in gums? Not receding gum-line or anything, I mean at the bottom of my gums?

Default Tooth roots showing in gums? Not receding gum-line or anything, I mean at the bottom of my gums?

I noticed my inner gums near my left molars were getting sore. I didn't think much of it. Just thought it was some kind of normal sore in my mouth. Anyway, I tried looking in the mirror today to see what it was, and it looked almost like the tooth root was slightly poking through my gums. This isn't like receding gum-line or anything. It's at the bottom part of my gums.

Here's what I mean...
      Sorry for the horrible diagram I made on Paint:
      http://oi51.tinypic.com/oh0gmh.jpg
      So this is supposed to be the view from the inside of my mouth. The inner gums. I can see something white in my gums, it's sore, and there is a hard bump there (almost like a tooth or something).

I'm also getting my wisdom teeth in. They are currently partially erupted. Not sure how exactly they are coming in. I just didn't know if that could affect my other teeth.

So my question is: Any idea what's going on and what the prognosis is?
      I will see a dentist some time soon, but I'd like to get an idea of what may be happening.
      I don't know if I'm seeing the root, bone, or something totally different.

Thanks
      Last edited by usrnm; 18th November 2010 at 18:00.

Default Re: Tooth roots showing in gums? Not receding gum-line or anything, I mean at the bottom of my gums?

No way to tell without at least seeing what's going on, bring forward your trip to the dentist if it's worrying you and causing you pain.