• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Problem with denture soft reline

T

Totalwimp

My immediate upper denture had a soft reline last Monday, it was done at the laboratory and I picked it up from there so my dentist has not seen it. It is a much better fit now, but there is a thin film of the lining material on one of the flanges, it is rubbing the inside of my cheek and making it sore, I have tried to scrape it off with a fingernail but it is firmly stuck. Is there a way of removing it myself without damaging the acrylic underneath?

Scrape with a sharp blade or file?

Warm it in hot water to make it softer so it will peel off?

I don't want to take it to the dentist unless I have to because it is snowing and the roads are awful, the weather forecast for next week is that it will get even worse! :scared:

I would say go to your dentist to get it trimmed properly. You don't want to take off too much by accident and have the denture not fit. If you absolutely HAVE to do it yourself and there is just no way around it, something like a dremel tool may work. I hope that helps!

Decan, I don't have a dremel tool and it is probably just as well, I would not trust myself with one. :ROFLMAO: I don't think it would affect the fit, it is on the outside of the flange, it is rough and irritating, but I can see that it would be quite easy to make it worse rather than better. Thank you for the suggestion though. :)

Just use a fine nail file or emery board and be careful what you're doing.

Back