• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really nervous but going to do it...

how are you feeling today? you did so well, i am glad you also read my post too ... i was such a wreck waiting to get those roten teeth pulled ... i now have a top back tooth thats got a hole in and the filling is still there as far as i can tell so its the tooth thats rotting away - its the one right at the back, and yes i am once again trying to talk myself into going to the dentist to plan another IV sedation to get it removed, to have it out and be done with. i need £180 for it but its not good just before xmas, so i am hoping i dont get any pain, so i can wait til january. i re-read my story too to make myself stop the panic and remind myself just how positive an experience it was for me once the IV went in ... but hey i am only human and still as scared as hell! lol
big hugs to you xxx and well done ! :grouphug:

Day 3 Update

Well it's 3 day's since I had my tooth extracted. I was coping OK with the pain to begin with but it started to get worse and worse and after putting off calling the dentist yesterday I finally called this morning and got an emergency appointment at 10.10am.

We still have lots of snow here so were late again, but they were very nice and saw me straight away.

I have a Dry Socket and an infection :mad:

The dentist cleaned the hole out and has packed it with the most horrible tasting stuff, it really is awful and I am on the edge of throwing up because of it. I can't swollow or drink for fear of being sick. I have also been given liquid Amoxicillian (SP) because I can't swollow tables although I haven't started that yet as I know the taste is as bad, if not worse, than this so I need to get used to this first!

Today isn't a good day, I feel as though there is no end to it all and have had a few tears but I don't regret having the tooth taken out - yes I'm in agony and fed up of being so bloody hungry but at least there will be a end to it which I never had when the tooth was still there rotting away and causing me problems for over 2 years.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about healing time? or how long the packing will last? the dentist said it will drop out and to go back to have it re packed but I'm terrified it won't last over the weekend while they are shut :(

Sorry to hear about you back tooth Michelle :grouphug:

Just remember how well you did last time, hopefully this will be so much easier for you. It's a lot of money just before Christmas isn't it, I borrowed the money for my extraction so I know what it's like when you have to think about the cost first - could you maybe put it on a credit card?

:grouphug:oh dear, dry socket .. not good hey ! i wish you a speedy recovery, and you are right in what you said .. at least 2 yrs of a bad tooth are gone ... in a few days you should feel right as rain !!! and minus all pain and nasty infections :XXLhug::thumbsup::)
i dont have a credit card, and the only way my dentist offer a monthly payment thing is if you get a few thousand pounds worth of treatment done in one go and you take out "finance" which i am not doing
i am just hoping this tooth can hold on until after xmas, especially my lower wisdom one thats starting to give me pain on and off too. bloody teeth huh !! grrrrrrrrrrr

Awww thanks Michelle :XXLhug:

I am so pleased it has gone! I have imagined this moment for so long but never though I would ever be able to get there myself.

Looking back I still can't beleive I did it and I hope now that if I ever needed another extraction I wouldn't avoid it until it got to the point where it was so rotten it eventually fell out like this one did.

You did amazing too, I was reading your story the other night after we spoke on here and couldnt imagine myself ever getting to the other side of an extraction so thanks for sharing and for your support :-*
Well done, you should be very proud of yourself, it never gets any easier but it's always better to get it over and done with

Day 3 Update

Well it's 3 day's since I had my tooth extracted. I was coping OK with the pain to begin with but it started to get worse and worse and after putting off calling the dentist yesterday I finally called this morning and got an emergency appointment at 10.10am.

We still have lots of snow here so were late again, but they were very nice and saw me straight away.

I have a Dry Socket and an infection :mad:

The dentist cleaned the hole out and has packed it with the most horrible tasting stuff, it really is awful and I am on the edge of throwing up because of it. I can't swollow or drink for fear of being sick. I have also been given liquid Amoxicillian (SP) because I can't swollow tables although I haven't started that yet as I know the taste is as bad, if not worse, than this so I need to get used to this first!

Today isn't a good day, I feel as though there is no end to it all and have had a few tears but I don't regret having the tooth taken out - yes I'm in agony and fed up of being so bloody hungry but at least there will be a end to it which I never had when the tooth was still there rotting away and causing me problems for over 2 years.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about healing time? or how long the packing will last? the dentist said it will drop out and to go back to have it re packed but I'm terrified it won't last over the weekend while they are shut :(

I hope everything has settled down now and you are feeling a lot better?

Back