• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

On my way

S

shannon31

Erupted wisdom tooth removal

Well I am proud of myself. I bit the bullet and had my first cleaning and exam. I am 33 and my wisdom teeth are all in and not impacted (whew). I get a sore gum and inside of cheek area every couple of months. The dentist said it is where my cheek and gum overlap my wisdom tooth and I bite down on it. She suggested that I have the bottom wisdom teeth taken out. Has anyone ever had experience with removing erupted wisdom teeth? What was it like? Iam terrified of any dental problems. She did an xray and seen no other problems. Thanks for your help.

Re: Erupted wisdom tooth removal

One of my wisdoms was errupted, and while it felt a bit more..odd, interms of pressure applied to get it out, i experienced 0 swelling from it. But every situation is different. It also depends on the location, upper or lower. Pressure is not as bad if upper.

well I am leaving for the dentist. I have been having facial pain and now a toothache. Will post after doom hour:hidesbehindsofa:

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Well I seen the dentist today. He is a regular dentist and wanted to go ahead and pull the wisdom tooth. I already have an appointment with an oral surgeon and I told him this. He was wanting to pull it so I asked if he could give me a second to think it over. He got annoyed and just walked away from me. He could not find a cause for any facial pain. Needless to say I would not let him pull it. His bedside manner sucks. The tooth is causing no pain so I figured it would not hurt to wait and see someone who does wisdom teeth all the time. He pulled 2 teeth for me about 11 years ago and is very quick which frightens me. So now I wait until 12/30 to see another dentist.

He was wanting to pull it so I asked if he could give me a second to think it over. He got annoyed and just walked away from me. He could not find a cause for any facial pain. Needless to say I would not let him pull it. His bedside manner sucks..
You did well by leaving that dentist.
Unfortunetly, there are dentist who forget to pay attention to the person behind the tooth and to his/her needs.
It is not easy for a dentist to treat people, and to be able to contain the stress the patient is experiencing, but still the dentist must try his/her best doing so. Esier said than done, dentists are only humans, but that is the right direction.
:-*
luckily, there are a lot of caring sensitive dentists.
:magicwand:

Back