• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

teenager who just cant remember to brush

S

scardyy

thats me, i just cant get myself to do it! i think i have some sort of fear of brushing, but i havent a clue why. as a kid i was never told to brush my teeth, so i didnt. and i just cant break the habbit of not, ive tried setting up a routine so i do them at the same time each day, but theres just too many people in the house, theres always someone else in the bathroom at the time i decide. so they get done when i remember, which isnt really that often.

and then its time for the dentist and for several weeks before hand im having panic attacks and outbursts and all i can think is, wekll at least if i died i wouldnt have to worry about problems with my teeth. but im just too embarresed to talk to anyone about this problem, any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi scardyy,
we have a page on this website which gives some tips for motivating yourself to brush, you can find it here:

If you shower every day, the easiest way to make yourself brush once a day is to do it while you have your shower. You should keep the toothbrush and paste in the shower so that you don't have to jump out again while wet :)

Back