• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cavities under the gumline

330butcher

I used to have inflamed gums from steroids I was taking for medical reasons. Now that I have been off of them for a while my gums started receding and I noticed one large cavity and one smaller cavity right at the gumline. I was wondering if cavities can form under the gums and if so how can tell if there is more extensive cavities still under my gums. Kinda worried about how bad this could really be if I am able to see major cavities right in the front of my mouth.:confused:

Hey
Cavities can be formed under the gum line, specially due to reduced saliva secretion (that may be induced by the steroyds).
But still, do not trust what you see, a dentist should inspect the tooth for a proper diagnose.;)

Thanks, I didnt realize that cavities could form under the gums. And I do have a very dry mouth, so that could have contributed to the cavities.:)

Back