Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain next to nose above canine tooth

Question Pain next to nose above canine tooth

Right sorry here I am again....I now have a pain when pressed next to the side of my nose just above canine tooth.. No sign of a gum boil but feels very tender...is this still the settling down of that " angry nerve" or is the tooth dying and a gumboil forming

Default Re: Pain next to nose above canine tooth

Hi,
      You have just given a word perfect description of mild abcess starting to form from a canine tooth.
      It could carry on like this for weeks or months or could flare up so best to get it checked out.

Lincoln

Thanks for your help....I had a feeling all along things were going that way..

Question Re: Pain next to nose above canine tooth

Will I still be able to have root canal treatment or will I lose the bridge

Sorry about the abscess sawmpie, I've had a canine go and then go again and need retreatment- don't wait too long. They should be able to drill a tiny hole through the bridge/crown to do the rct and then fill it with a bit of composite afterward.

I have a tooth that will need eventual root canal (had a direct pulp cap) that also needs a crown and the dentist said if I wanted to wait until the rct was absoluetly necessary he could have the crown made with an access hole and filled with composite....

Good luck, your mouth sounds like mine- one thing after another.

rp

Question Re: Pain next to nose above canine tooth

Thanks RP....I am getting sooo tired of all this...( I have never been scared of dentist but am slowly finding it harder to go)

Please I am not sure if I can face this again this week, can I leave it a week until I ring up for an appointment or am I risking losing the tooth..( or in this case three teeth) as it is fixed to the bridge !!! and what is likely to be the treatment at this stage....am due to go on Feb 3rd to start to sort out the mess my mouth is in as far as bite and ground down bridges...

Will I just be given antibiotics until the 3rd....

Made up my mind am going tomorrow but am dreading it to say the least, not sure what most...the prognosis or the look on my dentist's face !!

Hi there well, went to the dentist....looks like the tooth is dying and an abscess forming...on anti-biotics for 5 days and back to he dentist next week to get it sorted.

Good for you in facing it head on.

oh gowd sue, sorr to hear that. what are the gona do? xx