• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain next to nose above canine tooth

S

swampiesue

Right sorry here I am again....I now have a pain when pressed next to the side of my nose just above canine tooth.. No sign of a gum boil but feels very tender...is this still the settling down of that " angry nerve" or is the tooth dying and a gumboil forming :confused:

Hi,
You have just given a word perfect description of mild abcess starting to form from a canine tooth.
It could carry on like this for weeks or months or could flare up so best to get it checked out.

Lincoln

Thanks for your help....I had a feeling all along things were going that way..

Will I still be able to have root canal treatment or will I lose the bridge :cry:

Sorry about the abscess sawmpie, I've had a canine go and then go again and need retreatment- don't wait too long. They should be able to drill a tiny hole through the bridge/crown to do the rct and then fill it with a bit of composite afterward.

I have a tooth that will need eventual root canal (had a direct pulp cap) that also needs a crown and the dentist said if I wanted to wait until the rct was absoluetly necessary he could have the crown made with an access hole and filled with composite....

Good luck, your mouth sounds like mine- one thing after another.

rp

Thanks RP....I am getting sooo tired of all this...( I have never been scared of dentist but am slowly finding it harder to go)

Please I am not sure if I can face this again this week, can I leave it a week until I ring up for an appointment or am I risking losing the tooth..( or in this case three teeth) as it is fixed to the bridge !!! and what is likely to be the treatment at this stage....am due to go on Feb 3rd to start to sort out the mess my mouth is in as far as bite and ground down bridges...

Will I just be given antibiotics until the 3rd....

Made up my mind am going tomorrow but am dreading it to say the least, not sure what most...the prognosis or the look on my dentist's face !!

Hi there well, went to the dentist....looks like the tooth is dying and an abscess forming...on anti-biotics for 5 days and back to he dentist next week to get it sorted.

Good for you in facing it head on.

oh gowd sue, sorr to hear that. what are the gona do? xx

Pray lol I just want to keep my teeth....and to finally get everything sorted and live my life normally again. to get up in the morning and look forward to the day and not wake and feel like " Oh god yes, my teeth"....

good luck my lovelly xxx

Pray lol I just want to keep my teeth....and to finally get everything sorted and live my life normally again. to get up in the morning and look forward to the day and not wake and feel like " Oh god yes, my teeth"....

Ditto and Amen

Thank you both of you....I don't know how I would have managed over these past few months without all of you especially you Wozzle for your support and Private messages....

I know it is a long road ahead to get my mouth feeling totally normal again if ever but I will be a lot happier when things are at least three quarters normal as long as I still have my teeth ..:)

However as I have now realised you are NOT A DENTAL FORUM and only deal with people who have a dental phobia ...and have not been driven to be scared stiff and lost the confidence knowing what to say to the dentist or trust their own judgement that they have asked for advice and reassurance from this site.

I Will no longer be posting on this site .........:(

A couple of days ago, I posted a message saying "this is not a hypochondria forum" in response to a number of messages under different usernames but from the same location which were clearly not related to the website topic. As something similar had been going on for a while, I thought I would send out a warning.

It certainly was not related to your posts in any way.

Thanks letsconnect..I am sooooo happy to hear that, I guess that the experiences I have had over the past few months and the way my first dentist treated me and ground down my bridge in anger, sticking me in front of a mirror showing me I was grinding my teeth....when it was quite clear and was proved that my bite was now so unbalanced it pulled my bridge off on the other side.. has made me a bit paraniod.......YES I know I grind my teeth, have done for 20 years but these problems started with this new bridge I wanted to shout at him..but instead I nodded my head, walked out and cried my eyes out in the car...

I am also highly sensitive at the moment and soooo afraid at to where all this is going...I am scared to feel positive, as so far that has only added to more disappointment when things keep going wrong..feels a bit like riding a rollercoaster yet a am afraid that by wingeing on about it I am just driving everyone around me crazy...thus the paranoia....

No worries :) - it's totally understandable after all you've been through!

:grouphug:

Hi all... a quick update and I am afraid another question...sorry :oops:

The Dentist drilled through the bridge, The canine tooth) wiggled on of those sticks in it for around two minutes ( if that) filled it with cotton wool soaked in special stuff, popped a temp filling in and am due back in two weeks..in and out in 10 minutes flat...The tooth was in fact as I had suspected dead as a do do..I assume that is why I was in so much agony on New years day...No Jab nothing....

Now for my question..My dentist was very quick and did not really have a lot of time to explain anything to me...plus I am always a bit anxious now to ask too many questions...Once bitten twice shy...

What did he do exactly....am I to assume he has drained the tooth and intends to finish the RCT in a couple of weeks....and as my nose area is still a little tender has the infection gone yet..or is that what the dressing will do..:confused::confused::confused:

He started a root canal treatment. The stuff on the cotton wool is supposed to kill off any bugs that weren't removed by wiggling the stick thingies :)

Back