• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very scared

B

brooklyn barbie

With a tooth infection does ur teeth and ur throat have to hurt at the same time for to know its an infection.Can ur throat just hurt to let u know the infections gotten worst:scared:

Very scared

Well a couple months ago I had a bad tooth ache dat turned into an abcess and it made my mouth swollen.The swelling went down and the abcess went away but after awhile my throat started bothering me.It bothered me only when I smoked now it bothers me all the time.I've been to the doctor and they can't see nothing wrong but they still gave antibotics.The antibotics worked for a couple of days and then my throat went back to hurting.I have'nt been to the dentist yet ut my taste buds in back are swollen and my neck hurts on my left side do you think this is all from my teeth:confused:

Re: Very scared

I just went through an abscess myself. In retrospect I do recall feeling at times that my throat was sore on the same side that the abscess was, and I found it strange that I had a sore throat that was only on one side. My guess is it was related but I am not an expert and can't say for sure.

By the way I had a root canal to take care of it. I made a post about that in the success stories forum (I was scared to death but found a great dentist and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined).

Last edited:
hi there :) i have had an infection in my tooth for some weeks but nothing hurts at all....just some swelling which has gone down after anti biotics. Tomorrow i have to have the tooth removed :o Obviously i am no expert but the best thing would be to have it looked at, even if u start at your doctor because if u have a sore throat u might have something else going on too....I know how scary it is...good luck, let us know how u are going :)

Back